The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 28 of 28

User Info Menu

Check out this incredible jam with Chuck Loeb and Jeff Lorber. Bass player gets lost at the end of his solo (around 3:40) gets saved by the others.....

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

One important lesson I got was playing in a student situation years ago where a bandmate got lost.

The teacher yelled at me. "Help him!".

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DonEsteban
    I'm confused. Is this about sight reading (playing a musical part from musical notation) or about not getting lost in a solo reading chord symbols?
    I think it’s about both. The OP asks how to practice soloing while sight reading a chart you’ve never seen before.

Quote Originally Posted by BostonMike
    So I just had a bad experience at a jam the other day where someone gave me an unfamiliar chart and counted off 1234 and I got lost in the chart during my solo. This has happened with a several times at these things and I always feel like crap when it does. I study with a really great Jazz guitarist and he gives me the lessons in notation only so I can read well enough to learn charts and solos properly but I sometimes choke with the pressure of a band. Any tips for practicing with the "pressure"?