The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I would appreciate some help figuring out some of the chords for this song. Its possible that I figured out the notes of the chords in the "complicated" part but I am not sure how to write them so I wrote the nearest chord I can think of.

There are few rounds of E G A
    and then it goes to
    C#m7b5 D9sus4 C6sus2 Asus4add9 Bsus4add9
    E G A
    E G A
    Hsus4add9 Asus4 Gsus4add9 Asus4add9

I am not sure if I really hear the 4th but I think I hear 9th, 1st and 5th. What are these chords? I could imagine that C#m7b5 is functionally A9 but that's all I can squeeze .

Last edited by velja; 12-12-2021 at 05:39 PM.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I think this one is OK...

I believe that it works but I am certain that its not accurate. To illustrate, I would say that the first chord in the above transcription (C#7#9) is not what Sco plays. In the version of the song that I posted, you can clearly hear the G note on high E string in that chord.

Hear that chord in J.S. J.M. version (time 0:33): youtu.be/KlCWsh3Unl8?t=33
    And hear it in the above transcription (time 0:29): youtu.be/OeqOyug3z7Y&t=29s

I don't hear F note in that chord either (maj 3 from C#) so I wouldn't go to C#7#9. Each of the chords in transcription conflicts with my ears in a similar way. 2nd chord is not Dm9. Maybe its D G C E in that chord.

I am very interested in deciphering concept behind this.

User Info Menu

it is like this:
    C#m7b5 C/D I C6sus2 A7sus4 B7sus4
    Last edited by kris; 12-14-2021 at 07:21 AM.

User Info Menu

I think this guy got it right:

User Info Menu

I like this version;

User Info Menu

thanks you for posting this Scofield take on Charles, I love it.