The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 13 of 13
    Hello, I am new here and I feel very out of place, but I thought I'd come here because I need help with something. I have a transcription that I started, but cannot seem to be able to finish. If anyone would like a little extra ear training practice or you're just feeling nice please respond to this thread. I would like to make a lead sheet for this song, so if you can help please let me know. I attached the recording and sheet music pdf.
    Last edited by GospelPiano12; 03-28-2021 at 10:05 AM.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Could you post something a little more, to be a tiny bit more specific? Are you asking for a guitar arrangement, or a transcription? From a hymnal? Voice and piano (organ) original? For solo guitar or guitar lines and chords separately? What's the point where you stopped and what was the issue? You want melody line and chord symbols? All voices written out? Treble staff? Tab? Two staff and voice? Two staff with melody in the soprano voice?
    The more information we have the better the possibility that someone might help you. It's a little nebulous as it stands.
    Thanks

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by GospelPiano12
    I attached the recording and sheet music pdf.
    The original starts in Bb. (or G capo on the 3rd fret)
    That's not easy to play on a guitar without a capo unless you use barre chords. There's also a point where there's a step up (half step) modulation. How do you want to handle that?
    Do you want it written in an open key with indications of where the capo would be placed or in actual key assuming you can handle the chords?
    You want open chords or do you want something a little more interesting?
    Last edited by Jimmy blue note; 03-29-2021 at 07:30 AM.

User Info Menu

Hello, I am new here and I feel very out of place, but I thought I'd come here because I need help with something. I have a transcription that I started, but cannot seem to be able to finish. If anyone would like a little extra ear training practice or you're just feeling nice please respond to this thread. I would like to make a lead sheet for this song, so if you can help please let me know. I attached the recording and sheet music pdf.
    Neither the recording nor the pdf are showing up on my old IMac.

I would like the melody line along with chord symbols.
    Last edited by GospelPiano12; 03-29-2021 at 09:28 AM.

I stopped bc I was having trouble notating the rhythms.

User Info Menu

Are you playing this on guitar or as implied by the start of your version, on grand staff for piano?
    Let us know what this is intended to be played on (read by) and that would help a lot. Indicate the playing level of the reader.

User Info Menu

I stopped bc I was having trouble notating the rhythms.
    Try this for starters, look at the first two notes (As the...) as sixteenth note pickup notes with Crumbs starting on beat 1.

On a piano, but my current software does not allow me to have a pickup measure with two sixteenth notes.

Right now I have "as" as a quarter note and "the" as an eighth note.

User Info Menu

Right now I have "as" as a quarter note and "the" as an eighth note.
    Then your first measure will need to have a dotted half note rest with beat 4 being two tied eighth notes. The beat of the next measure will begin on the 1.
    (rest 1 2 3) 4 and
    1 and two and three and (four is a held from three and) And...

If you don't count it this way, it'll get you into trouble because the strong beats must line up with 1 and 3.
    Does this make any sense?

I figured out how to have two sixteenth notes in the first measure. Would my first measure have 2 sixteenth notes so "crumbs" can start on beat 1 on the next measure?
    Attached Images Attached Images Hymnal Transcription-screenshot-2021-03-29-091743-jpg 

User Info Menu

Why not just get some staff paper, a pencil (with eraser) and write it out the way it’s been done till ten years ago. Much easier to experiment, change your early drafts to reflect learning more about tn
    he hymn.
    in other words, the technology is getting in the way of your advancement, which is never good.