The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 37 of 37

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Kmatuhin
    Hello! what do you use for transcription? the most obvious solution is to use PC or smartphone software.
    Are there any alternatives (besides the old way of slowing down the vinyl record)? The fact is that I would like to do transcriptions without using devices with screens - they hurt my eyes and head
    If you have access to a Mac computer then there is a really nice app called Stringed 2. It fills all the needs of transcribing fast runs and more.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I have also gained a lot of insight with the help of “Amazing Slow Downer”.

User Info Menu

Has nobody made a pedal that can do this?

Master Collier has discovered a key that does exist, according the New York Times. Who said Vaudeville was dead?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Litterick
    Has nobody made a pedal that can do this?
    do what? you can use transcribe with a pedal which is really handy. stenotypists do this.

when i was really into transcribing i just used an old xbox controller, remapped the keys, put it on the floor, and used my toe to start/stop transcribe. worked like a charm.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Kmatuhin
    Hello! what do you use for transcription? the most obvious solution is to use PC or smartphone software.
    Are there any alternatives (besides the old way of slowing down the vinyl record)? The fact is that I would like to do transcriptions without using devices with screens - they hurt my eyes and head
    If you can´t handle computer screens your best bet is to use a old 4 track or 2 track but the problem there is getting the material on to the correct format.

An alternative could be the CD-GT1 @# Portable CD Guitar Trainer https://tascam.com/downloads/tascam/...KII_manual.pdf

User Info Menu

I use The Amazing Slow Downer! app.

* Slows down and loops music like the other brands but...

* Plays Apple Music and Spotify.

* Available on both Apple and Android.

* It's cheap (Only $20).

-----------------------------------------THIS THREAD IS OFFICIALLY CLOSED----------------------------------------------

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Sioco

-----------------------------------------THIS THREAD IS OFFICIALLY CLOSED----------------------------------------------

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pcjazz
    Close your eyes and use your ears.

^^^ This! (Repeated for emphasis.)

User Info Menu

Transcribe! Check out the Jennifer Batten Transcribe! YT vid. Lots of benefits.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by emanresu
    why slow things down?
    instead listen for 100 times
    because the purpose is to improve your ear, instead of taking more and more time. Speed will come automagically.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gabor
    because the purpose is to improve your ear, instead of taking more and more time. Speed will come automagically.
    If using slow downers is training your ears to only hear slow, speed won't come automagically.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pauln
    If using slow downers is training your ears to only hear slow, speed won't come automagically.
    It will. As your ear improves you'll start hearing better at full speed. I can only say try it.