Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 51 to 99 of 99
  1. #51


    This perfect pitch exercise is brand new. It seems like it is easy because I am guessing only two questions. But watch as the week and month goes by, I will add more and more. This is how my perfect pitch method works. I don't add anything until I am 100% accurate on the entire practice of that exercise. To advance in my perfect pitch studies, I have to earn it. I will also consider 90% accuracy, where I messed up with one question, but I got the rest of the questions flawlessly. This is to make my practice less rigid. But the ones where I got 90% accuracy or lower than that, I don't publish them on Youtube.

  2.  

    The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
     
  3. #52

  4. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by Vladan View Post
    Well, that is the point, really.
    If you take a closer look, you will see that those clips are not a proof. They reminded me of ... "let's play a game, you have to guess the number I imagined", or "guess how many fingers I hold behind my back".
    People will believe your claims, or not, but there is nothing in those clips that will prove your claims are truthful. Those clips are just another claim.

    Generally, the only thing YT clip can prove is date of upload, and what can be concluded from that fact.
    Wow! I just read this.

    Dear Vladan,

    You are just some shithead on the internet, who is downplaying my successful perfect pitch regimen that I have established circa February 2019. Between February 2019 and January 2020 is a long time, I did a lot of successful Perfect Pitch during that time...AND ALL OF THAT WAS FAKE?! WTF!!!.

    What's the point of Buying a DAW, downloading a flashcard app, DVR'ing the practice session, getting jitters and butterflies while practicing, uploading it to youtube, All of that process, takes up a lot of my time. Why spend ALL that energy, when all these what you call "Perfect Pitch Claims" turns out to be fake. WTF IS THAT B.S.?!


    When I first discovered Perfect Pitch in December 2013, I was fascinated and intrigued by the phenomenon that I want to have Perfect Pitch myself. Due to my crappy practice methods and lack of good tools between 2013-2018, I failed at Perfect Pitch during those years. One day in 2019, I read a book that was discussing the Eguchi Perfect Pitch Method. I adapted some elements of the method, and it became my successful Perfect pitch regimen up to this day. And my perfect pitch operations are still going strong. Gonna be celebrating my 1 year anniversary at the end of February 2020.


  5. #54

    User Info Menu

    I must say that to listen, some, not all, of your videos, I can not understand what you do or your progress. Simply, what you hear/feel, it does not pass by making these videos heard, it's your ears, not mine

    if you say you are making progress, I have no reason to doubt that this is true for you. But towards what, the perfect pitch as a goal in itself?

    I do not have the absolute pitch, but at the melodic high of single notes, I could reach the relative pitch, cad hear and reproduce any external melody or in my head on my instrument (singing, I sing wrong, but it's not an ear problem). The chords in a functional suite, tonal or modal, it still goes, I recognize at least the function, if not all the component notes. That's why I prefer to hear certain chords as colors, quite subjectively, as they say Major, joyful, minor, sad, diminished agonizing, etc. So I could put colors to my playing like a painter on his canvas, without the need to know their composition (in terms of additive and subtractive mixture of primary colors. I have a painter friend who learned all this 'scientifically', but never uses it, she uses powdered pigments and achieves exactly the desired color from experience

    it would actually be interesting, at pitch level where you are, that you make your music with and make it heard, otherwise the reader can not realize your goal

  6. #55

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Sioco View Post
    Wow! I just read this.

    Dear Vladan,

    You are just some shithead on the internet ...

    Dear Jason,

    your haircut is bad.

  7. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by Patlotch View Post
    I must say that to listen, some, not all, of your videos, I can not understand what you do or your progress. Simply, what you hear/feel, it does not pass by making these videos heard, it's your ears, not mine

    if you say you are making progress, I have no reason to doubt that this is true for you. But towards what, the perfect pitch as a goal in itself?


    it would actually be interesting, at pitch level where you are, that you make your music with and make it heard, otherwise the reader can not realize your goal
    Two things I like to point out:

    1) In the videos, I am NOT doing some kind of a weird esoteric exercise, where it's totally hard to understand or comprehend.

    2) I am NOT reinventing the wheel on Perfect Pitch - I happen to found a great solution that is a bridge between not having AP and acquiring AP.

    Conclusion: In the videos, I am simply naming notes, intervals, and chords with 100% accuracy. If that's not Perfect Pitch, I don't know what is. I am already doing the CLASSIC of what came before me or what someone would do if they demonstrate a form of Perfect Pitch.

  8. #57

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Sioco View Post
    Message to the moderator:

    I usually post these type of threads on the sticky thread - Why I think adults can develop perfect pitch - That thread eventually evolved to a biopic journal, where I post my daily perfect pitch and relative pitch activities. In that thread, I have already proven that adults CAN develop Perfect Pitch at any age if they use the right tools and effective practice methods and most importantly, consistent practice. The stuff that I mostly post in that Perfect Pitch thread usually fall into two categories: Play by ear videos and Perfect Pitch Journals. I have decided to divide that Perfect Pitch Thread to two threads with its appropriate titles. Feel free to make this a sticky thread. I have been in this forum for many years and I have no history of doing anything mischievous or violating any rules, that's not what I'm intending to do.

    Thank You,
    Jason Sioco

    Message to the forum members:
    This will be a collection of my daily perfect pitch practice. I have discussed both my perfect pitch and relative pitch lifestyle at this forum jazzguitar.be - I was surprised that my ear training threads were able to strike a chord on the forum members, when in other places on the internet, particularly Youtube it is the exact opposite - there is a scarcity of views, comments, and haters are quick to push the dislike button on my material on Youtube. In my life outside the internet - aside from my mom and dad - no one knows that I am good at perfect pitch. When I search forums on the internet about the most recent threads about Perfect Pitch, I giggle at the fact that those Perfect Pitch Nazis are still stuck with the old adage that only little children can develop perfect pitch and you have to be born with it. Apparently they have no clue that my Perfect Pitch videos existed. If they found my videos, they are going to eat their words. Also Youtube has a crappy algorithm.If you type Perfect Pitch on Youtube, you will see none of my videos anywhere on the search results. While Rick Beato's Perfect Pitch videos and the adults can't develop Perfect Pitch videos are on the very top of the search results. But with all of that, I seem to have some kind of place in this forum. Due to the lack of traffic on my youtube channel, I decided to post my perfect pitch videos here. Feel free to leave a comment. I'll be happy if there is a lot of traffic in this thread.

    To close on this matter of Perfect Pitch:
    This past Christmas, I was discussing to my pastor about Perfect Pitch. My pastor may be a cliche, classic Christian, gospel, and grace pastor; but he's the only pastor I know that can name all the original members of Dream Theater, can play by ear, mastered relative pitch and is an accomplished musician. I talked to my pastor about people on the internet spreading the idea that adults can't develop Perfect Pitch. The discussion that day led to perfect pitch. It was like a Catholic making a confessional with a priest or something XD. He got bewildered as if I am living on a different planet, as if he never heard of that idea before. He calmly said to me: That's not true. You can develop Perfect Pitch at any age. He said more than that. But those kind words gave me more confidence that my success with Perfect Pitch is sustainable and it will only get better and better. So my journey with Perfect Pitch continues.
    Maybe this is a bit too much.... Starting a thread by mass posting dozens of posts, then talking not about the topic, instead about how in other places people dislike you, then instructing moderators, then keep saying evidence about something, what is obviously not.

    But not this is what goes under my skin, instead your false statements about the topic, what may mislead people.

    you are stating that the "old" is that only babys can do it. No. this is the new understanding. The "old" is what you say, that is is possible for adult. Please do not swith that, you are defending the old opinion, and attack the new and not vica versa.

    The second slip in your statement about perfect pitch, is you are saying that anyone stated that baby must be born with this. No one stated that. The new concept what you deny, states, that this is a learnable skill, just like language phonemas, but only in baby time. So you incorrecty interpreted what the new concept say.

    In your previous thread and in this also you are ignoring the understanding the fundamental difference between pitch memory and perfect pitch. Beato would be capable to do all excercizes of yours, and from first hand he states, he has no perfect pitch.

    To be clear no one wants discourage your pitch memory learning, neither you realtive pitch learning. Please do not be offended, just because others has differen opinion, and also do not offend others, calling them nazis.

  9. #58

  10. #59

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Sioco View Post

    What's the point of Buying a DAW, downloading a flashcard app, DVR'ing the practice session, getting jitters and butterflies while practicing, uploading it to youtube, All of that process, takes up a lot of my time. Why spend ALL that energy, when all these what you call "Perfect Pitch Claims" turns out to be fake. WTF IS THAT B.S.?!

    With all due respect Jason, if you're asking what's the point of doing all of this work if no one believes you, maybe you're doing this for the wrong reasons. Only you can know and be satisfied by your results, and if you're just doing this to gain some sort of praise or approval then you'll be disappointed/left empty in the end.

    As far as proving goes, you have to understand that even I can watch your flashcard videos and know what notes are in those clusters because I already know what pitch collection you're working with. I don't have perfect pitch, just decent relative pitch. The videos are hardly bullet-proof from a naysayers point of view. Even Rick Beato's kid has detractors and he's as legit as they come.

    If you really want belief, you're going to have to do better than a flashcard app. People will want to see a third party determining pitches/clusters/chords etc, playing an instrument, clearing your sound pallet as to prevent relative pitch calculations and so on.

  11. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabor View Post
    Maybe this is a bit too much.... Starting a thread by mass posting dozens of posts, then talking not about the topic, instead about how in other places people dislike you, then instructing moderators, then keep saying evidence about something, what is obviously not.

    But not this is what goes under my skin, instead your false statements about the topic, what may mislead people.

    you are stating that the "old" is that only babys can do it. No. this is the new understanding. The "old" is what you say, that is is possible for adult. Please do not swith that, you are defending the old opinion, and attack the new and not vica versa.

    The second slip in your statement about perfect pitch, is you are saying that anyone stated that baby must be born with this. No one stated that. The new concept what you deny, states, that this is a learnable skill, just like language phonemas, but only in baby time. So you incorrecty interpreted what the new concept say.

    In your previous thread and in this also you are ignoring the understanding the fundamental difference between pitch memory and perfect pitch. Beato would be capable to do all excercizes of yours, and from first hand he states, he has no perfect pitch.

    To be clear no one wants discourage your pitch memory learning, neither you realtive pitch learning. Please do not be offended, just because others has differen opinion, and also do not offend others, calling them nazis.
    This is a joke!

    adults can develop perfect pitch: Old Understanding

    Only children can develop perfect pitch: New understanding - Jokes!

    It's like saying Jason Sioco is brilliant at sight reading and terrible at playing by ear, and that's the new understanding. - Jokes!

  12. #61
    Quote Originally Posted by MarketTomato View Post
    With all due respect Jason, if you're asking what's the point of doing all of this work if no one believes you, maybe you're doing this for the wrong reasons. Only you can know and be satisfied by your results, and if you're just doing this to gain some sort of praise or approval then you'll be disappointed/left empty in the end.

    As far as proving goes, you have to understand that even I can watch your flashcard videos and know what notes are in those clusters because I already know what pitch collection you're working with. I don't have perfect pitch, just decent relative pitch. The videos are hardly bullet-proof from a naysayers point of view. Even Rick Beato's kid has detractors and he's as legit as they come.

    If you really want belief, you're going to have to do better than a flashcard app. People will want to see a third party determining pitches/clusters/chords etc, playing an instrument, clearing your sound pallet as to prevent relative pitch calculations and so on.

    One of the reasons, I failed at perfect pitch before between 2013-2018, because the questions were randomized notes. I began having success with perfect pitch in 2019, because I navigated through all the randomness by gradually building my way up through all the randomness of Perfect Pitch by working on a few basic pitch collections. This is my way equipping myself that in an event I get tested with Perfect Pitch someday, I'll be ready. And yes you are right, My current perfect pitch abilities doesn't go beyond what I have worked with within my current pitch collection. But my training is comprehensive, that I will still reach the peak of the mountain but on a different pathway.

  13. #62

  14. #63

  15. #64

  16. #65

  17. #66

  18. #67

  19. #68

    User Info Menu

    A unique obsession.

  20. #69

    User Info Menu


  21. #70

    User Info Menu

    Yeah. If you don't try to instantly sing a well-known tune but just imagine as you've heard it, you can pretty much nail the key very often. Or get real close.

  22. #71

  23. #72

  24. #73

  25. #74

  26. #75

  27. #76
    I recently bought a new computer. This time I bought a real gaming laptop. And this time, instead of using Xbox DVR, I used OBS Studio for the game capture. The result: my videos have a much better audio quality and latency.


  28. #77

  29. #78

  30. #79

  31. #80

  32. #81

  33. #82

  34. #83

  35. #84

  36. #85

  37. #86
    Effective by tomorrow May 10, 2020 - I will be posting perfect pitch videos with 90% accuracy rather than 100% accuracy. I have been going through this rut where the best thing I can muster up is 90% accuracy. I usually don't upload game captures with 90% accuracy, but I'm beginning to realize that as my perfect pitch practice gets more complex, 90% is now the new normal as perfection and 100% accuracy happens less frequently at this point of time.

  38. #87

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Sioco
    Effective by tomorrow May 10, 2020 - I will be posting perfect pitch videos with 90% accuracy rather than 100% accuracy. I have been going through this rut where the best thing I can muster up is 90% accuracy. I usually don't upload game captures with 90% accuracy, but I'm beginning to realize that as my perfect pitch practice gets more complex, 90% is now the new normal as perfection and 100% accuracy happens less frequently at this point of time.
    Hold on I thought you said you want to do perfect pitch. Not imperfect pitch!

  39. #88
    Quote Originally Posted by jazznylon
    Hold on I thought you said you want to do perfect pitch. Not imperfect pitch!
    Getting 90% accuracy and adding a new pattern till that unit is complete is more important for this time being than getting 100% accuracy. I was only getting 100% accuracy back then, because I had a lesser collection of patterns and it was easy to differentiate. But yeah, I’m doing this 90% thing because I am excited to show the whole world that I am now exploring the black keys territory in my perfect pitch.

  40. #89

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Sioco
    Getting 90% accuracy and adding a new pattern till that unit is complete is more important for this time being than getting 100% accuracy. I was only getting 100% accuracy back then, because I had a lesser collection of patterns and it was easy to differentiate. But yeah, I’m doing this 90% thing because I am excited to show the whole world that I am now exploring the black keys territory in my perfect pitch.
    Cool!

  41. #90
    Here's my first 90% accuracy Perfect Pitch video. This 3 harmonic notes unit is not the one where it has a lot of black keys patterns, it was actually the 2 harmonic notes unit. But I had too many mistakes with the 2 harmonic notes today, it was below 90% accuracy.

    Anyways it feels liberating to not aim for 100% accuracy, because I am making mistakes in my practice in general anyways. From transcribing to mastering a guitar song, I err frequently. Most of the perfect pitch apps that I played in the past, usually would give me a pass if I get 90% accuracy.


  42. #91

  43. #92

  44. #93

  45. #94

  46. #95

  47. #96

  48. #97

  49. #98

  50. #99