User Info Menu

Curious if you use slow-down type apps or software to slow down and loop riffs you are learning?

I am writing an app.

Would it be helpful if you could crop and cut a smaller specific riff and listen to it over and over as its own little mp3?

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I've been using Transcribe! on my PC's for many years now. Just my opinion, but you'd have to come up with something really special to outdo that one for ease of use, features, and stability. There's also a phone ap that I have that's decent, but in truth I never use it because there's really no point with Transcribe! available.

User Info Menu

A program/app called best practice already does this.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by guitarbuddy View Post
    I've been using Transcribe! on my PC's for many years now. Just my opinion, but you'd have to come up with something really special to outdo that one for ease of use, features, and stability. There's also a phone ap that I have that's decent, but in truth I never use it because there's really no point with Transcribe! available.
    +1000

Speciallly the feature to create named loops visible on the loop line of the Transcribe! window (The loop line is a feature of the most recent versions).

The first thing I do when analysing/listening an audio/video file is to create loops for the various parts of the tune, so I can quickly access them by a single click.

.Do any you use riff trainer apps or software that slows down riff and loops it?-transcribe-loop-lines-jpg
    Perfection is in the Details, but Perfection isn't a Detail (Leonardo da Vinci)

User Info Menu

Check out Anytune Pro from the Apple App Store.

User Info Menu

I only work with an IPad Pro to write and transcribe, the Laptop is for my wife’s working from home so I can’t add things into it for her work’s security reasons, we haven’t bought a new desktop computer in a few years now. There may be better programs away from the IPad platform, but I have found Anytune Pro is great for transcribing and has many EQ and slowdown options. None of the programs or even standalone units that work with MP3s are able to open up the new encrypted digital download format they are now putting on all iTunes downloads, so that means all of the transcribing I do is from converting CDs that I own myself into the my iTunes library, no problem as I still buy CDs, I didn’t spring for the iTunes matching program where they put your collection in the cloud because I have learned from others that this gives you an encrypted format version in your iTunes library. Anytune Pro has the ability to slow down in single percentage increments and speed up a bit too. The Anytune you can download from the App Store or the Android apps store is free, which lets you audition the features before buying the Pro version. The pitch shift is in increments much smaller than a half step so you can retune an old slightly off pitch recording to match your 440 tuned instrument. I sprung for the “remote” add on because it lets me use my Irig BlueBoard Bluetooth MIDI footswitch to assign rewind, stop, restart section, and other functions so my hands don’t leave the guitar when I’m playing along with a lick. Good luck, I hope you find what works well for your needs

User Info Menu

I just use YouTube most of the time - slows down audio and is free.

User Info Menu

I use an app called AB Music Trainer on my phone.
    It lets you slow down and mark sections to be looped.
    It does the same job as transcribe, without me having to boot up the pc.