Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 23 of 23

User Info Menu

Hi everybody,

being a big fan of Julian Lage, i've made a transcription of his song Nocturne from
    the album Arclight.

Click here to find PDF with notes+tabs:
    Nocturne - Note For Note

Hope you enjoy!
    Last edited by Marcus Klossek; 08-03-2017 at 11:09 AM.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Marcus - you just made my day! Julian's version is so damn beautiful! I only happened upon him recently and watching him play and seeing his joy and passion for playing is such a wonderful experience!
    Thanks a lot!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A long journey starts with the first step...and although I have long forgotten about my destination I'm still enjoying the journey.

User Info Menu

Well done. Impressive! Downloaded.

User Info Menu

Thanks for posting this!
    There are other videos from that gig as well, great playing!!

User Info Menu

Would have loved to be at that one!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A long journey starts with the first step...and although I have long forgotten about my destination I'm still enjoying the journey.

User Info Menu

Thank you so much for the transcription and introducing me to this guy and this tune- wow- I am now obsessed with learning this and listening to more of his work)

Will

User Info Menu

Thank you Marcus!

I imagine that Metheny loves this tune.
    Ignorance is agony.

User Info Menu

Wonderful!

thank you, Marcus

User Info Menu

Damn it! I've been hearing this tune in my head now for 24 hours now.
    Ignorance is agony.

User Info Menu

Thanks for all the nice comments everybody, you made my day!

User Info Menu

Thank you...very generous!

User Info Menu

Happy 2018 everybody!

Can't wait for that one:

New Julian Lage album is coming!

User Info Menu

And Julian is coming to Germany, too - I'm going to catch him in Dortmund on Jan 20th. Can't wait!

BW Marcus, I listened to your albums. Great stuff, hope to meet you some day when I'm in Berlin. Happy New Year to y'all!

User Info Menu

I saw him and fred hersch play...holy moly... they were enlightening... i like his playing.. we had a 30 minute convo afterward.. very insightful... i did a transcription of butler 233 last year.

Best-

Thelonious

User Info Menu

Its also worth noting im really not too hip to modern players. Someone told me abt. the aformentioned concert and i think i payed 6 dollars to get in...i mostly transcribe solos from old records... bird, diz, etc.

User Info Menu

The new album Modern Lore is killing!

User Info Menu

Here's a Soundslice transcription I made last week of a beautiful acoustic intro Julian played as a sideman on a album by violinist Ben Powell.

Adrian

User Info Menu

Wow, that video is amazing. A great trio, and Julian is ridiculously good, completely able to articulate his emotions. Another planet.

User Info Menu

Great example of right hand dynamics to control distortion on amp....clean to grit just by right hand attack...no pedal dancing
    "6 strings this way and 12 frets that way and a world of mystery in between" Keith Richards on the guitar

User Info Menu

I'm going to catch him at the Bimhuis in Amsterdam, 13th July! Can't wait!

User Info Menu

I saw him 2 weeks ago at the Bimhuis Amsterdam, ridiculously good...

If you like you can listen to the whole concert here:

https://www.mixcloud.com/bimhuis/julian-lage-trio-13-07-2018/

Have a great week-end!

User Info Menu

Thanks for that transcription, Marcus. Not much of JL's invention x velocity is reachable via my skillset, but Nocturne is, and I'm getting to work on it this weekend thanks to you.
    Robert Hill Long
    Ferndale California
    rhl.photography

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus Klossek View Post
    Happy 2018 everybody!

Can't wait for that one:

New Julian Lage album is coming!
    Anyone with a transcription of Roger the dodger?