The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 30 of 30

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by PTChristopher2
    Hi Takemitsu,

I have both Yale and Master brand padlocks. But I have lost the keys to some of them.

Chris
    You dont seem to be shy showing of your knowledge with very complicated numbers but you are fast to ridicule the knowledge and experience of other.

Also

The hindrance as for a baroque musician that Pukka is talking about is quite true. If you have spent your life associating a precise frequencie with a name it gets annoying when you are told to play the note but flat all the time.

Friends of mine who suffered from having the percect pitch in their solfege or dictation studies admitted that since they could get good results "cheating" with their perfect pitch they didnt felt the need to develop their relative ear. So... not physiological but lazyness...

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Klatu
    Would that be a citrus avocado?
    That reminds me of some very old, stained appliances I had in a rental once... great acoustics in the living room, though.

User Info Menu

Take-san,

I must take some friendly issue here.

>>> You dont seem to be shy showing of your knowledge with very complicated numbers

I rather think I used the simplest numbers possible. Color and sound are described in frequency or wavelength. After that the similarity ends in human perception.

You may well not share this view, which is of course fine by me.

But the workings of the human eye and ear are un-phased (a wave joke) by either of our opinions.

>>> but you are fast to ridicule the knowledge and experience of other.

I do not at all ridicule your training, your wife's fine skill, or your much accomplished friends.

I do ridicule myself when I find it funny (and note that you do not find it funny at all).

I also illustrate via self-deprecation, which is certainly as valid as illustrating by analogy.

Anyway, all the best to you this new year.

Chris
    Last edited by PTChristopher2; 01-08-2014 at 06:21 PM. Reason: spelling

User Info Menu

Are you related to Takemitsu the composer?

User Info Menu

I like the color analogy in a different way.

Suppose Mary can only see black and white.

Joe sees in color.

Joe tries to explain what it is like to see in color.

Mary has a hard time relating, she doesn't have a point of reference. She just sees shades of grey.

When talking about absolute pitch, I'm like Mary, I can't relate as I don't have a point of reference. I just hear higher and lower in the sound spectrum.