User Info Menu

I've been spending a lot of time with transcriptions from Trane's Blues. Then I was warming up 8th position, and this came out:

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

Actually, there is a faint echo of West Side Story in my "original" melody.

But you can't blame me for that -- it's in my DNA.

Hey did you hear Spielberg is doing a remake of WSS? Supposedly giving more balance to the portrayal of Sharks versus Jets.

If he really wanted to be courageous and revisionist, he would kill off ALL the gang members at the end. The only people standing at the end should be Maria, Tony, the candy store guy, and Officer Krupke.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JazzinNY
    Actually, there is a faint echo of West Side Story in my "original" melody.

But you can't blame me for that -- it's in my DNA.

Hey did you hear Spielberg is doing a remake of WSS? Supposedly giving more balance to the portrayal of Sharks versus Jets.

If he really wanted to be courageous and revisionist, he would kill off ALL the gang members at the end. The only people standing at the end should be Maria, Tony, the candy store guy, and Officer Krupke.
    The WSS play already made a major change from the Romeo and Juliet story by having the female lover live (Maria).

So I say, don't kill off the gang members but instead just Maria and Tony. To make the over all point of the story both need to meet their maker.

Well that's one way to look at it.

I just feel under siege, as NY city and state dumb-ass politicians are turning over the city to street criminals.