The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 10 of 10

User Info Menu

Today while passing time in a medical office a thought popped into my head: my YouTube channel should have a theme song.
    I even knew the name it should have. (
    But when I got home I could not write it. Bupkis, zero, zilch, nada.
    And that's okay. Tomorrow is another day.
    But then this popped out.
    It's not a theme song for a YouTube channel. Which may not even be necessary. This, however, IS necessary: this is the part where one asks viewers to subscribe to the channel and click on the bell to be alerted when new content is posted.
    THAT, to twist a Seinfeldism, is song-worthy.

Making it up as we go along with a drum machine and a guitar----this is my favorite way to do things even though it is not the best way to get good sound.
    I'll re-record this in Reaper sometime, add bass, and who knows, it may work out. Some things do. Meanwhile, I think it's pretty funny.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I think you're on to something, there, Mark!

User Info Menu

I laughed. I think you're making a point about how over-bearing those pleas have become.

You know who I like? Gabriella Quevedo, who does terrific finger style covers of pop songs. Never asks for anything. She's just good. And has over a million subscribers.

User Info Menu

Thanks for the likes, guys.

I'm not sure whether to keep this short---more like a jingle than a song---or expand it by adding a verse. (This feels like a chorus and a bridge.)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MarkRhodes
    Thanks for the likes, guys.

I'm not sure whether to keep this short---more like a jingle than a song---or expand it by adding a verse. (This feels like a chorus and a bridge.)
    Definitely expand it. You can always revert to the earlier version if you wish. Use the Edison method - keep trying until you get what you want, or something even better!
    Last edited by citizenk74; 05-13-2021 at 11:10 AM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by citizenk74
    Definitely expand it. You can always revert to the earlier version if you wish. Use the Edison method - keep trying until you get what you want, or something even better!
    Hard to argue with that suggestion!

User Info Menu

Before watching - oh, he wants me to watch a Tim Pierce video. Folks unacquainted can see my confusion by checking out one of his videos eg

After watching - reminded of this cover:
    "If You Don't Subscribe and Click on the Bell..."-natlamp73-jpg

User Info Menu

I remember that National Lampoon cover. I used to buy those magazines at the SDI (-Super Drive In) in Donelson, Tennessee. The Pubescence issue proved especially memorable...

User Info Menu

Hooooo, that gave me a good laugh and a happy start today.
    Have I forgotten something? Oh, yes, of course I subscribed.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Michael1968
    Hooooo, that gave me a good laugh and a happy start today.
    Have I forgotten something? Oh, yes, of course I subscribed.
    Thank you, Michael! Glad you got a kick out of it.