The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 15 of 15

User Info Menu

Entitled Dirty Rumor. A true international collaboration, and all in the same room! Hong Kong/China/Columbia/USA/Russia

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Nice groove.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kris
    Nice groove.
    Thanks Kris. A little rough around the edges, but we held it together somehow

User Info Menu

Well . . . Hep . . . in Chicago this is what we call Boogaloo.

And, of course, here's the actual dance by Brother James!

Boogaloo live . . . Marinero

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Like your tune, Hep!

User Info Menu

And, if you want to play Boogaloo . . . you'll need one of these!
    Roll your sleeves up . . . Marinero

User Info Menu

nice vibe hep!...recordings a bit jagged but idea comes thru...deserves a cleaner re-recording

your tele solo's got some hair on its tone!

a little inspiration from a fave guitarist- boogaloo joe jones

cheers

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by citizenk74
    Like your tune, Hep!
    Thanks K

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by neatomic
    nice vibe hep!...recordings a bit jagged but idea comes thru...deserves a cleaner re-recording

your tele solo's got some hair on its tone!

a little inspiration from a fave guitarist- boogaloo joe jones

cheers
    Thanks Neatomic. Yea, not very good quality audio, maybe we will record it for real in the future with this band. I used a Marshall mode on the amp for this one

User Info Menu

Can I say it?

Hep, this was dripping with STANK!

Type of tune that you gotta wash your hands after playing cause it's so damn dirrr-tay.

I actually like the low fidelity of the sound quality, adds to the grit and vibe. Balance with the piano and classical guitar is the only thing I'd fine tune.

Nice solos. Nice groove. Congas... I miss playing with conga players. A great conguero(?) can take the whole tune to the next level. THAT's what I miss from Terezza 7--the congas and bongos!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by PickingMyEars
    Can I say it?

Hep, this was dripping with STANK!

Type of tune that you gotta wash your hands after playing cause it's so damn dirrr-tay.

I actually like the low fidelity of the sound quality, adds to the grit and vibe. Balance with the piano and classical guitar is the only thing I'd fine tune.

Nice solos. Nice groove. Congas... I miss playing with conga players. A great conguero(?) can take the whole tune to the next level. THAT's what I miss from Terezza 7--the congas and bongos!
    haha, yes, thats the idea, thank you! We are trying to make this project work, but except the bass player we are music teachers with a busy schedule. We'll see.

Yea the classical guitarist didnt bring his best gear for the session, so we had problems amplifying it.

And I love percussion too, funny it took me going to China to start doing a project with one.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Hep To The Jive

And I love percussion too, funny it took me going to China to start doing a project with one.
    yeah thats hysterical...you were in queens nyc...home base of so much salsa and latin music...and you start up with conga in china!...funny...it must have rubbed off on you subconsciously!!

keep it up tho, sounds good!

cheers

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by neatomic
    yeah thats hysterical...you were in queens nyc...home base of so much salsa and latin music...and you start up with conga in china!...funny...it must have rubbed off on you subconsciously!!

keep it up tho, sounds good!

cheers
    Right lol. I think a few things- in NYC I was too busy with swing jazz, thats where my mind was. And on some level maybe intimidated by Latin music because, who am I to play it while surrounded by the authentic bearers of that culture? Now here's it's no pressure haha. But it sure rubbed off!

User Info Menu

yeah hep... i totally get you ...thats why sometimes it takes gettin' out, to totally digest what you've just been in!

use the knowledge

cheers

still funny tho! hah