User Info Menu

Hello Everyone!

My name is Gabriel Bismut, I'm a jazz violinist, violist and composer from Paris. As a real jazz guitar lover, I'm glad to have joined this forum.

This is a tune I wrote some years ago after listening to a gypsy jazz concert in Paris, but recorded it only recently in an acoustic jazz quartet, and I really wanted to pay homage to the sound of the guitar in the main theme. There's also a guitar solo which I think is worth listening.

I hope you'll appreciate it. Let me know what you think, thanks!

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by GabrielBismut
    Hello Everyone!

My name is Gabriel Bismut, I'm a jazz violinist, violist and composer from Paris. As a real jazz guitar lover, I'm glad to have joined this forum.

This is a tune I wrote some years ago after listening to a gypsy jazz concert in Paris, but recorded it only recently in an acoustic jazz quartet, and I really wanted to pay homage to the sound of the guitar in the main theme. There's also a guitar solo which I think is worth listening.

I hope you'll appreciate it. Let me know what you think, thanks!

It's always good to have the perspectives of other instrumentalists on our beloved guitars!

Also: nice tune and playing!

User Info Menu

Welcome, Gabriel. Nice tune and playing. I look forward to further contributions to this forum.

User Info Menu

wonderful playing from all involved...good production as well...the low end on your grisard is viola-esque

good group

cheers

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by citizenk74
    It's always good to have the perspectives of other instrumentalists on our beloved guitars!

Also: nice tune and playing!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob MacKillop
    Welcome, Gabriel. Nice tune and playing. I look forward to further contributions to this forum.
    Quote Originally Posted by neatomic
    wonderful playing from all involved...good production as well...the low end on your grisard is viola-esque

good group

cheers
    Thank you all for your warm welcome. It's very nice to have some good feedback from guitarists! Cheers from Paris!