The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 15 of 15

User Info Menu

Going through some old tunes...I still like this one.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Dig that. I'm feelin a midwest americana in a Metheny way. Really pretty tune.*

*I like that new tele. New, right?

User Info Menu

Sounds pretty nice. More comments to follow when time allows.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fep
    Dig that. I'm feelin a midwest americana in a Metheny way. Really pretty tune.*

*I like that new tele. New, right?
    Definitely...I tend to write in a more "folksy" way, simple melodies, lots of space.

Yes, this is the half new tele. About 9 years ago, I decided to try something different with my old tele (the yellowish one) and put a neck on there that almost felt like a classical. But I kept the old neck, because there was nothing wrong with it...

Fast forward some years and I thought it'd be cool to have a more traditional feeling Tele again, so this thing was born.

User Info Menu

I agree with fep in liking the Pat Metheny vibe. Quite lovely.

User Info Menu

Nice tune...but I think it will be sound much better on acoustic guitar.
    Best
    Kris

User Info Menu

I actually like the electric. The Tele really sparkles and shines, and the little bit of delay/reverb (?) gives it just a hint of shimmer that I have trouble playing, but love hearing.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kris
    Nice tune...but I think it will be sound much better on acoustic guitar.
    Best
    Kris
    Interesting you say that, wrote it on acoustic.

User Info Menu

reverby dreamy...the glassy wind chimes are cool touch..kids?..if not, nature is jammin along nicely! haha

have a feeling that tele's gonna go deeper into jazz tones than dad band heaviness!! haha...tele's with flats are nice...don't even have to go too heavy...

cheers
    Last edited by neatomic; 08-05-2020 at 09:16 PM. Reason: sp-

User Info Menu

Actually, I got rounds on here!

I'd record a rocking vid, but there's nothing lamer than a dude jamming to a rock backing track...

User Info Menu

The plain G really stands out! I think there's a moment of hesitation where you're at open G / Csus2#11 which you could work on some, but overall it's a good tune - reminded me a little of Eric Johnson in parts.
    Last edited by Peter C; 08-05-2020 at 09:07 PM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mr. beaumont
    Actually, I got rounds on here!
    yeah i know...i was suggesting!! hah

cheers

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Peter C
    The plain G really stands out! I think there's a moment of hesitation where you're at open G / Csus2#11 which you could work on some, but overall it's a good tune - reminded me a little of Eric Johnson in parts.
    Oh, there's plenty of hesitation!

I didn't really intend it to be a solo piece, but it kinda works...i suppose I'm re-imagining everything as a solo piece these days...but I'm kind of remembering it as it goes.

It was originally written as a pretty straight up bossa...

Eric Johnson? Interesting...hell of a player who I've never listened to, outside of learning the melody of Cliffs of Dover, which you pretty much had to do in 1994.

I should see if I can still play that!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mr. beaumont
    Going through some old tunes...I still like this one.

Very nice tune, Jeff. With vamp up front I thought it would go in a more "Love for Sale" direction, but then it took a turn. I like the texture the tele brings to it, and the wind chimes.

John

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by John A.
    Very nice tune, Jeff. With vamp up front I thought it would go in a more "Love for Sale" direction, but then it took a turn. I like the texture the tele brings to it, and the wind chimes.

John
    I didn't even notice the wind chimes as I was playing, but I sure do like them.

They way they're positioned on my house, we really need a north/northwest breeze to get them going, so during our recent stretch of hot weather, they barely moved. But the last few days have been almost autumn-like, and the chimes were in full sway.