The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Posts 151 to 175 of 418

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by McJazzer
    Here's a fusion tune I wrote last year to showcase one of my friends on the vibraphone. The head is full of double strokes, which he has gotten really good at lately.

Guitar solo included, of course
    I'm so happy to hear new music written for vibraphone. Nice live performance and live recording!

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Thanks so much JCat! It's one of my favorite instruments.

User Info Menu

Cool tune! I wish more people would do original jazz. Get out of the museum!

User Info Menu

And young'uns, not moldy old figs like me!

User Info Menu

Thanks guys

User Info Menu

Here is one from my recent album:

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rictroll
    Here is one from my recent album
    Satori is a Japanese Buddhist term for awakening, "comprehension; understanding". It is derived from the Japanese verb satoru. In the Zen Buddhist tradition, satori refers to the experience of kensh(o), "seeing into one's true nature".

That just about sums it up

I absolutely love the textures you two create.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Peter C
    Satori is a Japanese Buddhist term for awakening, "comprehension; understanding". It is derived from the Japanese verb satoru. In the Zen Buddhist tradition, satori refers to the experience of kensh(o), "seeing into one's true nature".

That just about sums it up

I absolutely love the textures you two create.
    Thanks again, Peter!

User Info Menu

Ok, yes I found an old song I composed years ago like in 2007 here in Sacramento. Me and by brother on bass started a jazz quintet called "In the Pocket", I think there's only 4 of us on this recording. I call it Otra Vez, in english it means Once Again! Anyways, I wrote the song and I hadn't even completed the melody line yet for the bridge part and it's easy to hear that. It's my take on Latin Jazz. Please feel free to comment as lead guitar is my weakest area and I've even started threads on that topic! Oh, just so you know ahead of time, the volume is really low but you can still hear it. I live and learn. ~Cheers!
    Attached Files Attached Files

User Info Menu

Speaking of Kyoto, Nibiru has been renamed Mount Inari, because I’m not putting out a tune based on a stupid JGO forum in joke.

User Info Menu

C'mon, take a listen. Earn me .00000007 cents! ha. I'm playing all. Actually midi upright bass. That's why it's in tune anyway....

User Info Menu

As usual some lovely stuff here.

I'm glad Peter C seems to have recovered his equilibrium. It's always upsetting when things disappear although there's usually a fairly good reason for it.

Incidentally, Peter, I've still got Lost Balloon and just listened to it again. It's quite pretty but simply repeats the tune twice with no improv, which is a bit odd. It's at least two years old and I haven't touched it since then. I might re-record it if I get the urge.

User Info Menu

I would enjoy a thread about the compositional process if there were enough people interested in participating.

It’s quite common now for gigs to be mostly my original music. For this reason I don’t want to spam this thread, it seems a good place for those who are getting into composition. I’ll put my stuff in ‘showcase.’

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by christianm77
    I would enjoy a thread about the compositional process
    I think that's a good idea too. Why don't you start it?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ragman1
    I think that's a good idea too. Why don't you start it?
    I will, when I get a chance to contribute something’s maybe next week.... I think it doesn’t really work when I try and start a thread without offering something.

User Info Menu

Just checked my cdbaby account. Guess I overestimated.

Aug 19, 2019 YouTube Music Sale $0.00 details

User Info Menu

My composing nowadays is mainly for the quintet around singer Eva La Voix. I do all the composing of our own work (lyrics by Eva, but melodies all by me). It’s very poppy but jazzy enough for TJGF?

It’s all recorded rehearsals, so with mistakes and all. We did some studio recordings recently but I can’t publish those yet!

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Here's a music video I just finished putting together from my jazz group's concert at a local university. For the last song we had 6 percussion students come up to do an orchestrated arrangement of one of our originals. Marimba, vibes, gong, chimes, suspended cymbal, concert bass drum, etc. I especially like how the chimes added to the synth melody at the end.

I only wish we had a video shot of the entire group from the audience's perspective. Our camera in the back died just before this last song.

User Info Menu

One of mine.

User Info Menu

Some neofusion here:

User Info Menu

I guess I'm just old-fashioned :-)

User Info Menu

Plenty of wonderful music in this threat. I'll chime in with a brand new jazzy song of mine called Meant For Me. Would be happy for any suggestions on guitar, vocals or composition. Thanks

User Info Menu

This is the first ever rock song I have composed, albeit they are loops from Garage Band. I was able to get a Steinberg UR22 this past week as my USB Interface so I can plug in my electric guitar on my Ipad. I'll be recording rock songs composed of more original material shortly. Also, I am not a real drummer, but I played drums for a few years in college. I was able to get the complete set of Cobus Method DVDs at Amazon and it's on the way. Hopefully, I'd start making some original drum beats as well.

User Info Menu

Original drum beats should be interesting.