The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast
Posts 376 to 400 of 418

User Info Menu

MIDI again, with some live keyboard noodling on Yamaha QY70

Who the hell is ...?

VladanMovies & CCC - Car Camera Clips: Projekat Lesly @ Who the hell is...?Keyboard and MIDI/ POV driving Belgrade ...

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

My favourite original composition A Caspian Dream

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

More fusion than jazz, this was one of my tunes on my last original project, released 2007 (Itunes, also on Spotify);

User Info Menu

One with my vocals, everything else are MIDI sequenced sound fonts (SoundBlaster Live!), if I remember correctly.

Fun by Projekat Lesly

VladanMovies & CCC - Car Camera Clips: Projekat Lesly @ Fun/ Vladan Movies, POV driving Street View, 20131001 - 15

User Info Menu

I wrote this a few years ago. Other than the time I accidentally composed the theme to Cagney and Lacey, it's the only thing I've written:

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

At some point I will get around to figuring out how to use my loop pedal so I can start soloing over this...

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

I am a jazz musician looking to play more advanced than the 251 progressions.

What is the theory when writing your own jazz standards beside 2 5 1.
    2 5 1, then chord scales?

What is the chord progression behind a song that plays not just the 2 5 1 but other chords that can go along in the same relative scales.

for example, play a minor 2 5 1 then a major 2 5 1 on top of it???

I am trying to write my own standards....

I Just want to know what the formula or theory is when doing so....

User Info Menu

I am new to the forum and had a couple questions about creating a jazz standard.

I know they have 2 5 1 progressions.... and in theory that is jazz music...
    My question is what the theory or technical term is called when writing chord progressions not only just using the 251 formulas but also having a 2 section after the 2 5 1 formula...

What exactly and how exactly do you use passing chords with sub dominant chords substitutions and so on and so on... when do you use tri tones or such as replacing the 2 chords with a flat 9?
    Are there standard harmonies like any suggestions on using rhythm patterns and what they might use in the sense of jazz or does it defy someone's character ability to play that on their own such as maybe a sub dominant 4/4 or major 5th or a 1/16 as a tonic chord...

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ragman1

Where's Gianna? Still talking, somewhere?