The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
Posts 276 to 300 of 418

User Info Menu

Not a fan of the word composition, at least not for what I do. So here's some songwriting. With a cheesy casio drum loop, ukulele, and ukulele bass... woohoo. Not jazz.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fep
    Not a fan of the word composition, at least not for what I do. So here's some songwriting. With a cheesy Casio drum loop, ukulele, and ukulele bass... woohoo. Not jazz.
    I like it, Frank!

As for terms, I prefer 'song(s)' and 'songwriting'. For an instrumental, "tune".

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Philco
    Wrote this little sketch when I started playing guitar again in 2011. At the time I was looking for a way to combine some contemporary sounds with what I thought of as "bebop". I felt that I was sailing very close to "smooth Jazz" and also that I couldn't cut the changes. I never finished this tune.
    I stopped writing and started learning about playing changes and where bebop came from. I'm still learning!
    This was on my GB10 (long gone)

this sounds really good man!

User Info Menu

another little piece i came up with in garageband today

User Info Menu

another little piece i came up with in garageband today

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Davis
    this sounds really good man!
    Nice playing. Do I spy Alfred E. Newman?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ragman1
    Terrif

User Info Menu

Thanks, Clint. I did it yesterday afternoon. It was supposed to be in Ab but I kept wanting to play natural D's and B's... weird.

Our Own Compositions. Post them here!-20201030_144939-4-jpg

User Info Menu

Ragman, Sounds great, great tune.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ragman1
    Thanks, Clint. I did it yesterday afternoon. It was supposed to be in Ab but I kept wanting to play natural D's and B's... weird.
    Cool

User Info Menu

This is 4 years ago and I have had painfully little time to write since then. Lacking guitar parts and all instruments are Apple Logic.
    Curious, also interested in criticisms!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Stevebol
    This is really old. mid-90's. I had a Fostex reel, drum machine, standup bass, classical guitar. I did it fast;

Jeez! That’s virtuoso. Would do well in a shop-till-you-drop movie scene (and others)

User Info Menu

here are a few of mine as part of Pearl Django

Tim

User Info Menu

Mellow Progressive Jazz tune I composed, all instruments done by myself, thanks for listening.

User Info Menu

Bandcamp gives 100% to artists on 1st Friday of each month. Muller retirement fund! With Victor Wooten, Rod Morgenstein and Anton Fig. Songs From My Hard Drive | Marc Muller

User Info Menu

Nice stuff!

User Info Menu

This is a tune I composed called Nani Wahi Blues, which in Hawaiian mean beautiful place. It is basically a blues with a few tonal diversions. I didn't write it out because it is a simple melody. It is played on two acoustic guitars and bass.

User Info Menu

An easygoing tune in three-quarter time. The solo section is my attempt to emulate John Abercrombie’s 1980s ECM electric mandolin sound.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eck
    Jeez! That’s virtuoso. Would do well in a shop-till-you-drop movie scene (and others)

A friend from work said it made him want to get the vacuum cleaner and vacuum the house so I called it vacuum cleaner. I'm very limited with jazz. I can't play much faster than that and can't remember many songs. Playing solo guitar is torture. I got a little better with chords since then. For money- R$B. I'm really a bluesman. I like old pop music too.

Shop-till-you-drop..
    I can see that. Thanks.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Stevebol
    A friend from work said it made him want to get the vacuum cleaner and vacuum the house so I called it vacuum cleaner. I'm very limited with jazz. I can't play much faster than that and can't remember many songs. Playing solo guitar is torture. I got a little better with chords since then. For money- R$B. I'm really a bluesman. I like old pop music too.

Shop-till-you-drop..
    I can see that. Thanks.
    Funny that. I’m a blues man too. Started guitar at 35 - when I had 30 years of piano under my belt- because certain John Lee Hooker pieces must have guitar. Did you see mine?

User Info Menu

Funny that. I’m a blues man too. Started guitar at 35 - when I had 30 years of piano under my belt- because certain John Lee Hooker pieces must have guitar. Did you see mine?

I'll have a look.

User Info Menu

This is 4 years ago and I have had painfully little time to write since then. Lacking guitar parts and all instruments are Apple Logic.
    Curious, also interested in criticisms!

Crooked junkie nurses. It reminds me of 'Nurse Jackie' for some reason. I just binge watched it on Netflix.

User Info Menu

This one was inspired by John Abercrombie’s great ECM album “Characters” and the distinctive sound of his electric mandolin from his late ‘70s/ early ‘80s recordings.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BickertRules
    This one was inspired by John Abercrombie’s great ECM album “Characters” and the distinctive sound of his electric mandolin from his late ‘70s/ early ‘80s recordings.

Really like this! Very fresh, interesting, with great form and nice playing!