The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Posts 126 to 150 of 418

User Info Menu

I am a NYC composer guitarist and conductor.
    I've been at it for 50 years so I won't bore you with my experiences.
    Instead I'd like to share a composition for three acoustic guitars and bass.
    I shoot and produce my own videos music. I hope this inspires.

Thanks for watching and listening.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Here's one of mine I wrote thinking of my friend Jose. I built it out of an exercise for major and minor chords.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by strumcat
    Vladan and ragman1,
    I added some quick and dirty bass and (guitar strings) percussion to delineate the beat and measures a bit better. So basically it's 1 bar lead-in, 8 bars "verse", 8 bars "middle", 1 extra bar riff, and 6 or 7 bars final verse and finish.
    Well, you've added rhythm but where's the tune? Could you play the tune by itself without the chord fills?

Like I said before, there's no real start to it. Nice pick-up but where does it start? You need a firm A chord/sound at the beginning.

Our Own Compositions. Post them here!-sc-1-jpg

At the moment you have a C#m and no apparent tune. That's the problem. C#m isn't a strong beginning sound. Do you hear that? It makes it sound as though the tune starts at the F#m. That's the first definite sound the ear hears... but it doesn't start there. That's the thing.

Play the tune without the chord fills. Can you record that? Just the tune. You play it, I'll write it!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ragman1
    Our Own Compositions. Post them here!-sc-1-jpg
    If this is what he plays, you wrote it starting on 2, I hear it as starting on "and of 1", what is correct?

User Info Menu

Here's one of mine from a few years ago

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jbromusic
    Great stuff. Needed its own thread.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Peter C
    Great stuff. Needed its own thread.
    thanks for checking the music out Peter!

User Info Menu

Here is one I wrote about what is in store for us ...

Note: It is NOT about who you think it is, just the opposite...

User Info Menu

some real good example of Jump Jazz

User Info Menu

Hi, I've spent most of my guitar time (on and off for year long stretches) making up things, and only now started to study and learn a bit - I went for jazz (that's why I'm here now). Here's a tune I did on chemo two years ago, so maybe chemo isn't so bad It's not jazz but maybe there's something jazz like in it? Dunno

here's another, way older one

Twilight Blue by Gonorreo | ReverbNation

I'm having a lot of fun listening through all the previous posts on this thread, lots of diversity, some of them blew me away!

User Info Menu

Sorry to have been absent for a while. Some really great music on here! So nice to see

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Papawooly
    Here is one I wrote about what is in store for us ...

Note: It is NOT about who you think it is, just the opposite...

Really lovely song, (I have no idea what the words mean) i dont think that matters,
    now keep it simple DO NOT JAZZify

cool vocals, certainly has something, It needs arranging ( nothing bad) everything does
    i thought i heard bass coming in at one point, it reminds me of early 70s Shaun Phillips. Tim Buckley,
    early Elvis Costello, talking vocal delivery obviously not poppy

I would tighten it up, put a pinch more groove in sorry cant find words, @ mo, it's very floaty (good) maybe
    at end of phrases and beginning, dont play too much .

Very good, also no drums & bass as such is nice, 99% music today is looped crap.

Keep going Papa, i think it is actually quite commercial ( thats not a bad thing, essentially means its marketable)

Dont take my references to heart, it just made me think of those kind of people. I listened to it 4 times.

User Info Menu

Great review that last one!

User Info Menu

Wow, lots of folks writing stuff! Very cool. I forgot that one of mine is out on the interwebs via my former quintet. This is a "warts and all" studio recording- live, no corrections or overdubs. On the site, click on "OT Blues" which is the original I composed for the band.

(Played on my Cushman archtop, made by forum member Matt Cushman with Kent Armstrong floating PAF, AI Clarus head, either a Redstone RS 8" or a RE 12"- from the tone as I hear it, probably the former.)

Optimum Trajectory | ReverbNation

User Info Menu

I'm sure it's not a plot. Can't you just post it again?

User Info Menu

Cunamara

Nice one!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ragman1
    Cunamara

Nice one!
    Thanks, man!

User Info Menu

Nothing here either
    Last edited by Peter C; 12-07-2019 at 12:18 PM.

User Info Menu

Only 4 likes? I find it beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by rictroll
    I'm loving the submissions so far!
    here's one...

User Info Menu

Challenging!

Quote Originally Posted by Spal
    Hello everyone,

It is a very good idea to share our compositions. Can't wait to listen to other memebers stuff.

Here is a composition I recorded last year. If anyone is interested I can give the sheet music with pleasure.

Take care.

S.

User Info Menu

Restlessly lyrical

Quote Originally Posted by Ricmolina
    I am a NYC composer guitarist and conductor.
    I've been at it for 50 years so I won't bore you with my experiences.
    Instead I'd like to share a composition for three acoustic guitars and bass.
    I shoot and produce my own videos music. I hope this inspires.

Thanks for watching and listening.

User Info Menu

Great for looking through the spaceship window on the way to Mars

Quote Originally Posted by jbromusic

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Peter C
    Only 4 likes? I find it beautiful.
    Thank you, Peter!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sergio
    Hi, I've spent most of my guitar time (on and off for year long stretches) making up things, and only now started to study and learn a bit - I went for jazz (that's why I'm here now). Here's a tune I did on chemo two years ago, so maybe chemo isn't so bad It's not jazz but maybe there's something jazz like in it? Dunno

here's another, way older one

Twilight Blue by Gonorreo | ReverbNation

I'm having a lot of fun listening through all the previous posts on this thread, lots of diversity, some of them blew me away!
    Thanks for posting, that's beautiful.

(I think I broke the internet, the like button won't work for me).

User Info Menu

Here's a fusion tune I wrote last year to showcase one of my friends on the vibraphone. The head is full of double strokes, which he has gotten really good at lately.

Guitar solo included, of course