Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Posts 251 to 295 of 295

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Peter C View Post
    Great stuff. Needed its own thread.
    thanks for checking the music out Peter!

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Here is one I wrote about what is in store for us ...

Note: It is NOT about who you think it is, just the opposite...

measure with micrometer... mark with chalk... cut with axe

User Info Menu

some real good example of Jump Jazz

User Info Menu

Hi, I've spent most of my guitar time (on and off for year long stretches) making up things, and only now started to study and learn a bit - I went for jazz (that's why I'm here now). Here's a tune I did on chemo two years ago, so maybe chemo isn't so bad It's not jazz but maybe there's something jazz like in it? Dunno

here's another, way older one

Twilight Blue by Gonorreo | ReverbNation

I'm having a lot of fun listening through all the previous posts on this thread, lots of diversity, some of them blew me away!

Sorry to have been absent for a while. Some really great music on here! So nice to see

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Papawooly View Post
    Here is one I wrote about what is in store for us ...

Note: It is NOT about who you think it is, just the opposite...

Really lovely song, (I have no idea what the words mean) i dont think that matters,
    now keep it simple DO NOT JAZZify

cool vocals, certainly has something, It needs arranging ( nothing bad) everything does
    i thought i heard bass coming in at one point, it reminds me of early 70s Shaun Phillips. Tim Buckley,
    early Elvis Costello, talking vocal delivery obviously not poppy

I would tighten it up, put a pinch more groove in sorry cant find words, @ mo, it's very floaty (good) maybe
    at end of phrases and beginning, dont play too much .

Very good, also no drums & bass as such is nice, 99% music today is looped crap.

Keep going Papa, i think it is actually quite commercial ( thats not a bad thing, essentially means its marketable)

Dont take my references to heart, it just made me think of those kind of people. I listened to it 4 times.

User Info Menu

Great review that last one!

User Info Menu

Wow, lots of folks writing stuff! Very cool. I forgot that one of mine is out on the interwebs via my former quintet. This is a "warts and all" studio recording- live, no corrections or overdubs. On the site, click on "OT Blues" which is the original I composed for the band.

(Played on my Cushman archtop, made by forum member Matt Cushman with Kent Armstrong floating PAF, AI Clarus head, either a Redstone RS 8" or a RE 12"- from the tone as I hear it, probably the former.)

Optimum Trajectory | ReverbNation
    Beauty is as close to terror as we can well endure. -Rainer Maria Rilke

User Info Menu

I posted a tune a while back in a separate thread in this subforum and for some reason it has disappeared. I'm not going to lose any sleep over the matter, but I'm curious as to why a thread with an original composition would get deleted like that. I mean it wasn't that bad Yes, I did send a message to "admin" - no response as yet.

I'm sure it's not a plot. Can't you just post it again?

Cunamara

Nice one!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ragman1 View Post
    I'm sure it's not a plot. Can't you just post it again?
    I'm sure it isn't, but AFAIK threads don't just "disappear" like that; it is the result of an action, so ???

User Info Menu

Cunamara

Nice one!
    Thanks, man!

User Info Menu

I posted a tune a while back in a separate thread in this subforum and for some reason it has disappeared. I'm not going to lose any sleep over the matter, but I'm curious as to why a thread with an original composition would get deleted like that. I mean it wasn't that bad Yes, I did send a message to "admin" - no response as yet.
    Admin did get back to me and said that threads with fewer than 2 replies get deleted after 30 days. Fine, but the thread in question certainly had more than 2 replies, as I remember, so that's odd. Sort of off-putting for me really as I'm far more interested in hearing original compositions than finding out what gear I need to nail that (fave guitarist) sound.
    Last edited by Peter C; 05-10-2019 at 03:26 PM.

User Info Menu

Just checked out the whole thread again - unfortunately some tunes have been pulled. Ragman, no more "Lost Balloon"? - come on!

There's some great blowing on a lot of these tracks but as this is about composition, I'd just like to express my appreciation of the below for pushing the envelope one way or another. This stuff is priceless IMO.

Thank you

(jordanklemons This City #120 received quite a lot of deserved attention)
    Last edited by Peter C; 05-13-2019 at 06:11 PM.

User Info Menu

Only 4 likes? I find it beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by rictroll View Post
    I'm loving the submissions so far!
    here's one...

User Info Menu

Challenging!

Quote Originally Posted by Spal View Post
    Hello everyone,

It is a very good idea to share our compositions. Can't wait to listen to other memebers stuff.

Here is a composition I recorded last year. If anyone is interested I can give the sheet music with pleasure.

Take care.

S.

User Info Menu

Restlessly lyrical

Quote Originally Posted by Ricmolina View Post
    I am a NYC composer guitarist and conductor.
    I've been at it for 50 years so I won't bore you with my experiences.
    Instead I'd like to share a composition for three acoustic guitars and bass.
    I shoot and produce my own videos music. I hope this inspires.

Thanks for watching and listening.

User Info Menu

Great for looking through the spaceship window on the way to Mars

Quote Originally Posted by jbromusic View Post
    Here's one of mine from a few years ago

User Info Menu

Only 4 likes? I find it beautiful.
    Thank you, Peter!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sergio View Post
    Hi, I've spent most of my guitar time (on and off for year long stretches) making up things, and only now started to study and learn a bit - I went for jazz (that's why I'm here now). Here's a tune I did on chemo two years ago, so maybe chemo isn't so bad It's not jazz but maybe there's something jazz like in it? Dunno

here's another, way older one

Twilight Blue by Gonorreo | ReverbNation

I'm having a lot of fun listening through all the previous posts on this thread, lots of diversity, some of them blew me away!
    Thanks for posting, that's beautiful.

(I think I broke the internet, the like button won't work for me).
    B+
    Frank (aka fep)

User Info Menu

Here's a fusion tune I wrote last year to showcase one of my friends on the vibraphone. The head is full of double strokes, which he has gotten really good at lately.

Guitar solo included, of course
    Guitarist/Violinist - Pittsburgh, PA
    YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/SixStringSolid
    Vibraphone fronted ambient/fusion:
    https://www.facebook.com/InnerUrgeBand/

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by McJazzer View Post
    Here's a fusion tune I wrote last year to showcase one of my friends on the vibraphone. The head is full of double strokes, which he has gotten really good at lately.

Guitar solo included, of course
    I'm so happy to hear new music written for vibraphone. Nice live performance and live recording!

User Info Menu

Thanks so much JCat! It's one of my favorite instruments.

User Info Menu

Cool tune! I wish more people would do original jazz. Get out of the museum!

User Info Menu

And young'uns, not moldy old figs like me!

User Info Menu

Thanks guys

User Info Menu

Here is one from my recent album:

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rictroll View Post
    Here is one from my recent album
    Satori is a Japanese Buddhist term for awakening, "comprehension; understanding". It is derived from the Japanese verb satoru. In the Zen Buddhist tradition, satori refers to the experience of kensh(o), "seeing into one's true nature".

That just about sums it up

I absolutely love the textures you two create.

User Info Menu

Satori is a Japanese Buddhist term for awakening, "comprehension; understanding". It is derived from the Japanese verb satoru. In the Zen Buddhist tradition, satori refers to the experience of kensh(o), "seeing into one's true nature".

That just about sums it up

I absolutely love the textures you two create.
    Thanks again, Peter!

User Info Menu

Ok, yes I found an old song I composed years ago like in 2007 here in Sacramento. Me and by brother on bass started a jazz quintet called "In the Pocket", I think there's only 4 of us on this recording. I call it Otra Vez, in english it means Once Again! Anyways, I wrote the song and I hadn't even completed the melody line yet for the bridge part and it's easy to hear that. It's my take on Latin Jazz. Please feel free to comment as lead guitar is my weakest area and I've even started threads on that topic! Oh, just so you know ahead of time, the volume is really low but you can still hear it. I live and learn. ~Cheers!
    Attached Files Attached Files

User Info Menu

Speaking of Kyoto, Nibiru has been renamed Mount Inari, because I’m not putting out a tune based on a stupid JGO forum in joke.

User Info Menu

C'mon, take a listen. Earn me .00000007 cents! ha. I'm playing all. Actually midi upright bass. That's why it's in tune anyway....

As usual some lovely stuff here.

I'm glad Peter C seems to have recovered his equilibrium. It's always upsetting when things disappear although there's usually a fairly good reason for it.

Incidentally, Peter, I've still got Lost Balloon and just listened to it again. It's quite pretty but simply repeats the tune twice with no improv, which is a bit odd. It's at least two years old and I haven't touched it since then. I might re-record it if I get the urge.

User Info Menu

I would enjoy a thread about the compositional process if there were enough people interested in participating.

It’s quite common now for gigs to be mostly my original music. For this reason I don’t want to spam this thread, it seems a good place for those who are getting into composition. I’ll put my stuff in ‘showcase.’

Quote Originally Posted by christianm77 View Post
    I would enjoy a thread about the compositional process
    I think that's a good idea too. Why don't you start it?

User Info Menu

I think that's a good idea too. Why don't you start it?
    I will, when I get a chance to contribute something’s maybe next week.... I think it doesn’t really work when I try and start a thread without offering something.

User Info Menu

Just checked my cdbaby account. Guess I overestimated.

Aug 19, 2019 YouTube Music Sale $0.00 details

User Info Menu

My composing nowadays is mainly for the quintet around singer Eva La Voix. I do all the composing of our own work (lyrics by Eva, but melodies all by me). It’s very poppy but jazzy enough for TJGF?

It’s all recorded rehearsals, so with mistakes and all. We did some studio recordings recently but I can’t publish those yet!

:: Jazz, Funk, Soul & Boogaloo: My group ::
    ::::::: Listen to Hip Jazz a Go Go! :::::::
    :: Jazz, Soul, Blues: Eva & The Tracies :::

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Here's a music video I just finished putting together from my jazz group's concert at a local university. For the last song we had 6 percussion students come up to do an orchestrated arrangement of one of our originals. Marimba, vibes, gong, chimes, suspended cymbal, concert bass drum, etc. I especially like how the chimes added to the synth melody at the end.

I only wish we had a video shot of the entire group from the audience's perspective. Our camera in the back died just before this last song.

User Info Menu

I dig it!

User Info Menu

One of mine.

User Info Menu

Some neofusion here:

I guess I'm just old-fashioned :-)