Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Posts 101 to 125 of 418

User Info Menu

Heres one I've been working on for a while...pardon the extreme reverb

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rhythmisking
    I'm sure I'm breaking all sorts of protocols by posting this; style-wise, sound-wise, recording-quality wise, but here goes. More funk than jazz, more jazz than rock, welcome to my weird musical brain. Also not sure if the file is attaching...

Can you host on Sound cloud or do a YouTube thing? Folks are generally wary of downloading stuff here.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mr. beaumont
    Can you host on Sound cloud or do a YouTube thing? Folks are generally wary of downloading stuff here.
    Right! Rookie move, sorry.

User Info Menu

Maybe this is better?

Egeria by Paul Strom | ReverbNation

User Info Menu

I'm sure I'm breaking all sorts of protocols by posting this; style-wise, sound-wise, recording-quality wise, but here goes.
    You're not doing any such thing. It's an open jazz forum and this thread is for your own compositions. Of course, if you don't want to mix with the riff-raff* there's always the SHOWCASE thread for world-class level jazz players... or even better than that!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ragman1
    You're not doing any such thing. It's an open jazz forum and this thread is for your own compositions. Of course, if you don't want to mix with the riff-raff* there's always the SHOWCASE thread for world-class level jazz players... or even better than that!
    The riff-raff are my tribe!

User Info Menu

You are duly pardoned.

Actually I really liked that. I wasn't sure at first then, as it went on, I began to enjoy it; it kind of floated along and took you with it. It's subtle, it may have repetitions but it wasn't repetitive. Clever - but I'd expect that from you anyway. So there.

Btw, as we're here, I've been meaning to ask you if you'd have a go at Caravan sometime. I want to see what you make of it. I think it's tricky but you might make mincemeat of it, I don't know

User Info Menu

I made a soundcloud page, hopefully this is easier...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ragman1
    You are duly pardoned.

Actually I really liked that. I wasn't sure at first then, as it went on, I began to enjoy it; it kind of floated along and took you with it. It's subtle, it may have repetitions but it wasn't repetitive. Clever - but I'd expect that from you anyway. So there.

Btw, as we're here, I've been meaning to ask you if you'd have a go at Caravan sometime. I want to see what you make of it. I think it's tricky but you might make mincemeat of it, I don't know
    Man, I've beer trying for a month...I can't get anywhere with it. I even put it in E...F/E...E7b9...went all Spanish...

How can a song with such a cool A section have the corniest B section ever?

User Info Menu

I made a soundcloud page, hopefully this is easier...

Man, I love it! It's jazzy, it's fusiony, it reminds me a little of Phish (from me, that's a compliment)...very cool knotty little tune.

User Info Menu

Man, I've beer trying for a month
    Is that one of those Freudian slips? :-)

But seriously... it's not entirely un-Bossa given the 7b5s and 69s but when you start improvising it doesn't come over that way, it's more modern/avant-gard. It's like it has that bossa flavour but isn't held by it. Which is good, I think, because it means you're not thinking rigidly within a certain style or format.

I didn't mind at all that the A and B flowed into each other. It was less obvious than 'That was A, now this is B'.

I think only once did my ears prick up. At 2.15 you hit an obvious dom7 sound which, up till then, wasn't that audible. Maybe that was a bit corny in the total context, but that's all.

No, I liked it, and I liked the improv a lot too. Lifted it out of the realm of the ordinary. It's a good tune. Needs a name :-)

User Info Menu

Yes, Caravan. Can't get that one rolling, "beer trying" or not

Right now, I like my tune. It needs a name...it's pretty representative of how I'm hearing things now...simple melodies with interesting chords.

I'm working on a tune now that repeats the same 4 bar melody 4 times, but harmonizes it differently each pass through...I'll post that one as soon as I figure out how I'm getting back to the top

User Info Menu

Yes, Caravan. Can't get that one rolling, "beer trying" or not
    You're not the only one. I keep saying it's tricky.

How can a song with such a cool A section have the corniest B section ever?
    Well, that's the thing. Given the extended exotic verse what do you do over the bridge? If that had been 'Arabic' too it wouldn't have been a jazz tune. Not properly anyway.

So they had to think of something else. And I think it's really clever. The chords are dom7s and they played that 6th sound over them. Sounds open, like the desert at night when you're resting and looking up at the stars... That's the way I see it and I like it!

Right now, I like my tune. It needs a name...it's pretty representative of how I'm hearing things now...simple melodies with interesting chords.
    I still like it. Even if it's not Caravan

I'm working on a tune now that repeats the same 4 bar melody 4 times, but harmonizes it differently each pass through...I'll post that one as soon as I figure out how I'm getting back to the top
    Looking forward to that.

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Here are C and Bb PDFs for Diehlin':
    Attached Images Attached Images Our Own Compositions. Post them here!-diehlin-concert-jpg Our Own Compositions. Post them here!-diehlin-bb-jpg 

User Info Menu

Shelter:
    Attached Images Attached Images

User Info Menu

2 recent songs: Lodestar and Beautiful Losers. (Gotta find a better line in Lodestar that dreary/cheery before performing or recording it. Otherwise, it's OK). Losers is my 1st country song...
    Attached Images Attached Images

User Info Menu

Some more charts, if you have time (gotta admit part of the reason for posting is proof of copyright). If You Please is a vocal I premiered at Smalls this past January 27. Also played The Man Who Cared Too Much and The River Flo that gig, if you want to check the Smalls archive for that date. (Holdin' Back Tears has a lyric, too, but I can't seem to upload Word files here).

Hope you enjoy:

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fasstrack
    Some more charts, if you have time (gotta admit part of the reason for posting is proof of copyright). If You Please is a vocal I premiered at Smalls this past January 27. Also played The Man Who Cared Too Much and The River Flo that gig, if you want to check the Smalls archive for that date. (Holdin' Back Tears has a lyric, too, but I can't seem to upload Word files here).

Hope you enjoy:
    Just curious: does anyone look at these things?

User Info Menu

Our Own Compositions. Post them here!-file-jpg

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fasstrack
    (gotta admit part of the reason for posting is proof of copyright).
    Hope you enjoy:

Hi Fasstrack,

if you post a recording say .mp3 or flac wav music file of the recording and post the
    leadsheet like you do is it copyrighted?

You seem concerned as i am . I dont want my material taken/used as it were.

although some stuff i would take my hat off if they could play it well.

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

I've just been going through the thread again. This one's really nice, you know. Have you abandoned it now or something else? Just ruminating

User Info Menu

Here's two song of mine. The lyrics are in Indonesian, so forgive me if you guys doesn't understand what the lyrics are. Please, enjoy!

P.S : I'm the one on the right, with that '68 ES 335 that i borrow from my uncle.