Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 47 of 47

User Info Menu

Headwear from Nibiru (and not bad musically):

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by christianm77
    chords are (obviously) based around using a fixed structure - in this case 1 2 5 7 - over all the functions of the chords of the original tune. This comes directly from Lage Lund.

So
    maj7 - on the 1
    min7 - on the b3
    dim7 - on the b3 (in this case Bbo7 --> Dbmaj7sus2)
    dom7 - on the b7
    dom7alt - on the b2

I preserve the original bass notes, but you don't have to use them.
    In general I stripped away any ii chords in ii-V's to keep the structure uncluttered, and the harmonic rhythm steady.
    using one interval to define your line
    diatonic 2nd and a diatonic 4th in a stack for a non tertial sound.
    This is a bit like the bebop practice of going up a triad or chord
    I totally don't get above. I mean, I read words and get the idea what it could be, but it does not correspond to what I see is done.

Tune is in G right?

1257 on 1? Could it be G A D F#, or you mean something completely different?
    Is 3rd omitted from the chord? If it is, how do we even know it's Maj, or even if it is G?

You have 2 different b3?! Typo? b3 is Bb, there is not Bb in tune, except as ii, but you've stripped all iis ...

I don't get how to get these chords, FMaj7 from E7, DbMaj7 from Eb7, EbMaj from A, C#Maj7 from G# ..., by applying 1257 structure to ... what ...?

b7 is F, there is no F bass in Nibru?!

How do I get FMaj7 from E7, or other chords from Nibru, by "moving 3rd down a step"?

How does one define line by one interval? Is it a special case line where you use only one interval, or am I really supposed to define any line using only one interval?
    Using 2 intervals to define ... is it special case of line where only 2 different intervals are used?

I'm totally lost, unless it was the goal, like whole Nibru planet hoax?!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Vladan
    I totally don't get above. I mean, I read words and get the idea what it could be, but it does not correspond to what I see is done.

Tune is in G right?

1257 on 1? Could it be G A D F#, or you mean something completely different?
    Is 3rd omitted from the chord? If it is, how do we even know it's Maj, or even if it is G?

You have 2 different b3?! Typo? b3 is Bb, there is not Bb in tune, except as ii, but you've stripped all iis ...

I don't get how to get these chords, FMaj7 from E7, DbMaj7 from Eb7, EbMaj from A, C#Maj7 from G# ..., by applying 1257 structure to ... what ...?

b7 is F, there is no F bass in Nibru?!

How do I get FMaj7 from E7, or other chords from Nibru, by "moving 3rd down a step"?

How does one define line by one interval? Is it a special case line where you use only one interval, or am I really supposed to define any line using only one interval?
    Using 2 intervals to define ... is it special case of line where only 2 different intervals are used?

I'm totally lost, unless it was the goal, like whole Nibru planet hoax?!
    I'm talking relative to the root of the chord.

So b3 of A --> C
    etc

User Info Menu

Thank you. How about "defining line by using only one interval" and the rest of my questions?

VladanMovies BlogSpot

User Info Menu

Anyone got a midi file for this?

User Info Menu

So, it would be something alike to arpeggio?

In 2nds and 4ths from G:

gadeabef#bc#f#g# ?

VladanMovies BlogSpot
    Last edited by Vladan; 01-18-2017 at 04:35 PM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Vladan
    So, it would be something alike to arpeggio?

In 2nds and 4ths from G:

gadeabef#bc#f#g# ?

VladanMovies BlogSpot
    Yep. That's an example of it done chromatically. In this tune I do it diatonically through the mode, for example on C lydian

C D G A E F# B C F G D E A B F# G C

You can see it goes quite a way before it repeats

User Info Menu

Who wrote this?

“Our Earth is degenerate in these later days; there are signs that the world is speedily coming to an end; bribery and corruption are common; children no longer obey their parents; every man wants to write a book and the end of the world is evidently approaching.”

The Christians? The Seventh Day whatever? Some bizarre suicide sect?

No... it was the Assyrians in 2800BC

User Info Menu

Christian would you have a look at #42 please? Ta.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ragman1
    Christian would you have a look at #42 please? Ta.
    Yeah, it's a forum in joke. Much discussion of the Nibiru conspiracy theory eleswhere....

User Info Menu

Yeah, it's a forum in joke. Much discussion of the Nibiru conspiracy theory eleswhere....
    Oh-h-h-h

User Info Menu

Finally got around to learning my own tune..... Two repetitions of it - first time is with the vanilla Out of Nowhere changes, second is with the changes written above.

Dropbox - Nibiru.m4a

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzthebee
    Nice, Christian. Would you be interested in hearing my version of your tune? I wouldn't feel right posting it without your consent.
    Go for it, I'd love to hear it :-)

(Unless it's on banjo)

User Info Menu

Go for it, I'd love to hear it :-)

(Unless it's on banjo)
    Grrr... As if you didn't know the Nibiruvian national instrument, the banjaccordion!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyLoveHandles
    Grrr... As if you didn't know the Nibiruvian national instrument, the banjaccordion!
    You have a twisted, and cruel mind.

User Info Menu

I liked both versions of the tune, although I liked version two better, perhaps because my ear was by then more receptive to the enhanced harmony. In any case, well done!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ragman1
    Oh-h-h-h
    See "The nothing-but-aliens thread" thread. And pack a lunch.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyLoveHandles
    Now I understand all the fuss - this is the secret weapon they will annihilate us with when Nibiru gets here!

User Info Menu

That's nothing. I live in Scotland. Pop into Stirling and there's a lot of this. Every day. Some are Scots, plenty are Canadian. Some are good. You get used to it. Yes, they really do do this.

There was a young girl, whose name I forget, a student. She was very good and didn't stick to the popular tunes. She used to play interesting Scandinavian tunes and that was pleasant. But when you get out-of-tune Amazing Grace... not fun :-)

User Info Menu

Here's a live version

User Info Menu

Nibiru hoves into view!

User Info Menu

This is an interesting tune that deserves a nicely detailed studio mix.