Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 47 of 47
  1. #26

    User Info Menu

    Headwear from Nibiru (and not bad musically):



  2.  

    The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
     
  3. #27

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by christianm77
    chords are (obviously) based around using a fixed structure - in this case 1 2 5 7 - over all the functions of the chords of the original tune. This comes directly from Lage Lund.

    So
    maj7 - on the 1
    min7 - on the b3
    dim7 - on the b3 (in this case Bbo7 --> Dbmaj7sus2)
    dom7 - on the b7
    dom7alt - on the b2

    I preserve the original bass notes, but you don't have to use them.
    ...
    In general I stripped away any ii chords in ii-V's to keep the structure uncluttered, and the harmonic rhythm steady.
    ...
    using one interval to define your line
    ...
    diatonic 2nd and a diatonic 4th in a stack for a non tertial sound.
    ...
    This is a bit like the bebop practice of going up a triad or chord
    I totally don't get above. I mean, I read words and get the idea what it could be, but it does not correspond to what I see is done.

    Tune is in G right?

    1257 on 1? Could it be G A D F#, or you mean something completely different?
    Is 3rd omitted from the chord? If it is, how do we even know it's Maj, or even if it is G?

    You have 2 different b3?! Typo? b3 is Bb, there is not Bb in tune, except as ii, but you've stripped all iis ...

    I don't get how to get these chords, FMaj7 from E7, DbMaj7 from Eb7, EbMaj from A, C#Maj7 from G# ..., by applying 1257 structure to ... what ...?

    b7 is F, there is no F bass in Nibru?!

    How do I get FMaj7 from E7, or other chords from Nibru, by "moving 3rd down a step"?

    How does one define line by one interval? Is it a special case line where you use only one interval, or am I really supposed to define any line using only one interval?
    Using 2 intervals to define ... is it special case of line where only 2 different intervals are used?

    I'm totally lost, unless it was the goal, like whole Nibru planet hoax?!

  4. #28

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Vladan
    I totally don't get above. I mean, I read words and get the idea what it could be, but it does not correspond to what I see is done.

    Tune is in G right?

    1257 on 1? Could it be G A D F#, or you mean something completely different?
    Is 3rd omitted from the chord? If it is, how do we even know it's Maj, or even if it is G?

    You have 2 different b3?! Typo? b3 is Bb, there is not Bb in tune, except as ii, but you've stripped all iis ...

    I don't get how to get these chords, FMaj7 from E7, DbMaj7 from Eb7, EbMaj from A, C#Maj7 from G# ..., by applying 1257 structure to ... what ...?

    b7 is F, there is no F bass in Nibru?!

    How do I get FMaj7 from E7, or other chords from Nibru, by "moving 3rd down a step"?

    How does one define line by one interval? Is it a special case line where you use only one interval, or am I really supposed to define any line using only one interval?
    Using 2 intervals to define ... is it special case of line where only 2 different intervals are used?

    I'm totally lost, unless it was the goal, like whole Nibru planet hoax?!
    I'm talking relative to the root of the chord.

    So b3 of A --> C
    etc

  5. #29

    User Info Menu

    Thank you. How about "defining line by using only one interval" and the rest of my questions?

    VladanMovies BlogSpot

  6. #30

    User Info Menu

    Anyone got a midi file for this?

  7. #31

    User Info Menu

    So, it would be something alike to arpeggio?

    In 2nds and 4ths from G:

    gadeabef#bc#f#g# ?

    VladanMovies BlogSpot
    Last edited by Vladan; 01-18-2017 at 04:35 PM.

  8. #32

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Vladan
    So, it would be something alike to arpeggio?

    In 2nds and 4ths from G:

    gadeabef#bc#f#g# ?

    VladanMovies BlogSpot
    Yep. That's an example of it done chromatically. In this tune I do it diatonically through the mode, for example on C lydian

    C D G A E F# B C F G D E A B F# G C

    You can see it goes quite a way before it repeats

  9. #33

    User Info Menu

    Who wrote this?

    “Our Earth is degenerate in these later days; there are signs that the world is speedily coming to an end; bribery and corruption are common; children no longer obey their parents; every man wants to write a book and the end of the world is evidently approaching.”

    The Christians? The Seventh Day whatever? Some bizarre suicide sect?

    No... it was the Assyrians in 2800BC

  10. #34

    User Info Menu

    Christian would you have a look at #42 please? Ta.

  11. #35

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by ragman1
    Christian would you have a look at #42 please? Ta.
    Yeah, it's a forum in joke. Much discussion of the Nibiru conspiracy theory eleswhere....

  12. #36

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by christianm77
    Yeah, it's a forum in joke. Much discussion of the Nibiru conspiracy theory eleswhere....
    Oh-h-h-h

  13. #37

    User Info Menu

    Finally got around to learning my own tune..... Two repetitions of it - first time is with the vanilla Out of Nowhere changes, second is with the changes written above.

    Dropbox - Nibiru.m4a

  14. #38

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by fuzzthebee
    Nice, Christian. Would you be interested in hearing my version of your tune? I wouldn't feel right posting it without your consent.
    Go for it, I'd love to hear it :-)

    (Unless it's on banjo)

  15. #39

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by christianm77
    Go for it, I'd love to hear it :-)

    (Unless it's on banjo)
    Grrr... As if you didn't know the Nibiruvian national instrument, the banjaccordion!

  16. #40

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyLoveHandles
    Grrr... As if you didn't know the Nibiruvian national instrument, the banjaccordion!
    You have a twisted, and cruel mind.

  17. #41

    User Info Menu

    I liked both versions of the tune, although I liked version two better, perhaps because my ear was by then more receptive to the enhanced harmony. In any case, well done!

  18. #42

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by ragman1
    Oh-h-h-h
    See "The nothing-but-aliens thread" thread. And pack a lunch.

  19. #43

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyLoveHandles
    Grrr... As if you didn't know the Nibiruvian national instrument, the banjaccordion!
    Now I understand all the fuss - this is the secret weapon they will annihilate us with when Nibiru gets here!

  20. #44

    User Info Menu

    That's nothing. I live in Scotland. Pop into Stirling and there's a lot of this. Every day. Some are Scots, plenty are Canadian. Some are good. You get used to it. Yes, they really do do this.



    There was a young girl, whose name I forget, a student. She was very good and didn't stick to the popular tunes. She used to play interesting Scandinavian tunes and that was pleasant. But when you get out-of-tune Amazing Grace... not fun :-)

  21. #45

    User Info Menu

    Here's a live version


  22. #46

    User Info Menu

    Nibiru hoves into view!

  23. #47

    User Info Menu

    This is an interesting tune that deserves a nicely detailed studio mix.