Jazz Guitar
+ Reply to Thread
Posts 1 to 21 of 21
  1. #1

    I got to record an original composition . Would love to hear what you guys think of i


  2. # ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Advertising world
    Posts
    Many
    The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
     
  3. #2
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    North Coast Pennsylvania
    Posts
    3,190
    Lovely! Your studio time was well spent. The accompanying art is very nice. thanks!
    Best regards, k

  4. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by citizenk74 View Post
    Lovely! Your studio time was well spent. The accompanying art is very nice. thanks!
    Thanks man, I appreciate it

  5. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    1,334
    Beautiful Tiago, congratulations. What a milestone achievement.
    “When you’re creating your own ...., man, even the sky ain’t the limit.”
    Miles Davis

  6. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Porthcawl South Wales Britain
    Posts
    522
    Hello.
    Great, I really like it. Thank You.




    Music is the key that can open strange rooms in the house of memory.
    Llewelyn Wyn Griffith

  7. #6
    Thanks for listening everyone!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  8. #7
    That's a really nice tune you wrote there. Good job. Not a big fan of harmonica, but this I enjoyed.
    "If I don't practice for a day, I know it... for two days, the critics know it... three days, the public knows it." -- Louis Armstrong

  9. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Hatfield, PA. Have also lived in Riverdale, NY, Brooklyn, NY, The Hague, Netherlandd
    Posts
    1,797
    Good song, nice playing.

    Harmonica player was good, but his sound didn't blend in with the band, but stuck out. I know harmonica is hard to make blend, but he was a little loud and even jarring when he had the lead. No slam on his talent or anything, he can play and has a good sound.

    I'm sitting on the fence as to whether it went on a little too long. I can go either way on that one.

    Anyway, good work and best of luck with it.

    Joel

  10. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by fasstrack View Post
    Good song, nice playing.

    Harmonica player was good, but his sound didn't blend in with the band, but stuck out. I know harmonica is hard to make blend, but he was a little loud and even jarring when he had the lead. No slam on his talent or anything, he can play and has a good sound.

    I'm sitting on the fence as to whether it went on a little too long. I can go either way on that one.

    Anyway, good work and best of luck with it.

    Joel
    Thanks a lot for your feedback, I really appreciate it!


    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpG...ehpkEjhFsr-FZQ

  11. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    3,535
    You forgot to tell us the gear you're using, sounds good.

    Were you playing everything and laying down tracks or with a group of studio cats or friends?
    Regards,

    Gary

  12. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by GNAPPI View Post
    You forgot to tell us the gear you're using, sounds good.

    Were you playing everything and laying down tracks or with a group of studio cats or friends?
    Thank you! I'm just playing a Gretsch plugged in a Fender (twin reverb I think...) nothing fancy

    This is played with a jazz group which I'm a part of and we got to record this composition of mine when we went to the studio this summer..

    --------------------
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpG...ehpkEjhFsr-FZQ

  13. #12

    I got to record an original composition . Would love to hear what you guys think of i

    It's excellent and marketable!

    If you insisted on a critique, my only suggestion would be a bit more development in the improve section. For example, the harmonica motif could be dialed back in the improv section, instead blowing a soaring solo through that part. But that's just a in idea, not a deficiency.

    Well done!
    Last edited by KirkP; 10-29-2016 at 03:08 PM.

  14. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Bryansk, Russia
    Posts
    69
    Man, I really liked it.
    You`re a luck man, I wish I had a band to play with, but here is no way to find anybody who`d share my passion.

  15. #14
    Man, I like the composition a lot, though admit I was hearing a trumpet there rather than a harmonica.
    Nice work, bravo!

  16. #15
    thank you guys for all the tips!


    ---------------------
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpG...ehpkEjhFsr-FZQ

  17. #16
    Sounds great! I agree that the harmonic is a little loud, but other than that, it's a terrific recording. Nice playing all around.
    "I'm opposed to picketing, but I don't know to show it." --Mitch Hedberg

  18. You with the guitar there yes? Be more in front next time

    But thanks, it was groovy!

  19. #18
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Kingston, NY
    Posts
    138
    I agree with the general sentiment. Really nice and the harmonica was way too present in the mix. Great sound otherwise, tight and loose in the best ways. Keep that group together!! Inspiring to a guy putting his first jazz band together.

  20. #19
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Morocco
    Posts
    4
    What a great composition! Very soulful. Great back up and guitar tone!

  21. #20
    What Gretsch are you playing? Great tone, especially the single line improve. Love the attack and woodiness.

  22. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhythmisking View Post
    What Gretsch are you playing? Great tone, especially the single line improve. Love the attack and woodiness.
    Thanks man, I think i referred the model somewhere down here in the thread, it's from the electromatic series.

Join our Facebook Page

Get in Touch


Jazz Guitar eBooks
How To Get a Jazz Guitar Tone?
Privacy Policy

 

 

 

Follow us on:

Jazz Guitar Online on FacebookJazz Guitar Online on TwitterJazz Guitar Online on YoutubeJazz Guitar Online RSS Feed