Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 21 of 21

User Info Menu

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Lovely! Your studio time was well spent. The accompanying art is very nice. thanks!
    Best regards, k

Quote Originally Posted by citizenk74 View Post
    Lovely! Your studio time was well spent. The accompanying art is very nice. thanks!
    Thanks man, I appreciate it

User Info Menu

Beautiful Tiago, congratulations. What a milestone achievement.
    “When you’re creating your own ...., man, even the sky ain’t the limit.”
    Miles Davis

User Info Menu

Hello.
    Great, I really like it. Thank You.

Music is the key that can open strange rooms in the house of memory.
    Llewelyn Wyn Griffith

Thanks for listening everyone!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Info Menu

That's a really nice tune you wrote there. Good job. Not a big fan of harmonica, but this I enjoyed.
    "If I don't practice for a day, I know it... for two days, the critics know it... three days, the public knows it." -- Louis Armstrong

User Info Menu

Good song, nice playing.

Harmonica player was good, but his sound didn't blend in with the band, but stuck out. I know harmonica is hard to make blend, but he was a little loud and even jarring when he had the lead. No slam on his talent or anything, he can play and has a good sound.

I'm sitting on the fence as to whether it went on a little too long. I can go either way on that one.

Anyway, good work and best of luck with it.

Joel

Quote Originally Posted by fasstrack View Post
    Good song, nice playing.

Harmonica player was good, but his sound didn't blend in with the band, but stuck out. I know harmonica is hard to make blend, but he was a little loud and even jarring when he had the lead. No slam on his talent or anything, he can play and has a good sound.

I'm sitting on the fence as to whether it went on a little too long. I can go either way on that one.

Anyway, good work and best of luck with it.

Joel
    Thanks a lot for your feedback, I really appreciate it!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpG...ehpkEjhFsr-FZQ

User Info Menu

You forgot to tell us the gear you're using, sounds good.

Were you playing everything and laying down tracks or with a group of studio cats or friends?
    Regards,

Gary

Quote Originally Posted by GNAPPI View Post
    You forgot to tell us the gear you're using, sounds good.

Were you playing everything and laying down tracks or with a group of studio cats or friends?
    Thank you! I'm just playing a Gretsch plugged in a Fender (twin reverb I think...) nothing fancy

This is played with a jazz group which I'm a part of and we got to record this composition of mine when we went to the studio this summer..

--------------------

User Info Menu

It's excellent and marketable!

If you insisted on a critique, my only suggestion would be a bit more development in the improve section. For example, the harmonica motif could be dialed back in the improv section, instead blowing a soaring solo through that part. But that's just a in idea, not a deficiency.

Well done!
    Last edited by KirkP; 10-29-2016 at 03:08 PM.

User Info Menu

Man, I really liked it.
    You`re a luck man, I wish I had a band to play with, but here is no way to find anybody who`d share my passion.

User Info Menu

Man, I like the composition a lot, though admit I was hearing a trumpet there rather than a harmonica.
    Nice work, bravo!

thank you guys for all the tips!

---------------------

User Info Menu

Sounds great! I agree that the harmonic is a little loud, but other than that, it's a terrific recording. Nice playing all around.
    "I'm opposed to picketing, but I don't know to show it." --Mitch Hedberg

You with the guitar there yes? Be more in front next time

But thanks, it was groovy!

User Info Menu

I agree with the general sentiment. Really nice and the harmonica was way too present in the mix. Great sound otherwise, tight and loose in the best ways. Keep that group together!! Inspiring to a guy putting his first jazz band together.

User Info Menu

What a great composition! Very soulful. Great back up and guitar tone!

User Info Menu

What Gretsch are you playing? Great tone, especially the single line improve. Love the attack and woodiness.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhythmisking View Post
    What Gretsch are you playing? Great tone, especially the single line improve. Love the attack and woodiness.
    Thanks man, I think i referred the model somewhere down here in the thread, it's from the electromatic series.