The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 30 of 30

User Info Menu

The New Real Book is generally pretty accurate to the recorded version (they tell you which in the back)

The only problem I found using it is that the repertoire of tunes is different to the old RB and a lot of players build their repertoire around those tunes, although this is less of an issue nowadays I think (iReal changed things a bit for instance)

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by twalker123
    Hi everyone,

I'm very glad to have found this forum and am hoping someone can be of assistance.

I would like to start learning the basic melodies and chords to jazz standards. I'm familiar with The Real Book volumes but I was wondering if there is a more affordable source where I can find similar charts to jazz standards.

Thanks in advance!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Christian Miller
    The New Real Book is generally pretty accurate to the recorded version (they tell you which in the back)
    Funny, I just played in some chords to prepare learning "I hear a rhapsody" from New Realbook 3.
    On piano... so it took a while. Then checked with that Vanilla rb. Hm. So different. But Jim Hall's version was NRBs I think?
    I played the melody against those and when doing it on lower position, it kinda sucked at some spots. But was working in higher register.

User Info Menu

"Gloria's Step" Free Jazz Real Book Chord Chart

Doesn't have the melodies, but a good amount of charts available for free.

User Info Menu

Type in Song title followed by lead sheet - its amazing what comes up especially on google images. Pinterest brings up loads which leads to more!