Hello there!

Hope you guys are having a great week so far

This week’s tutorial is about Neo-Soul chords on the guitar. I’ll be breaking down the concepts behind playing neo-soul chords and I will also show you how to get that mellow lo-fi hip-hop guitar tone. Usually those chords are 7th chords with different extensions (9s, 11s and 13s) and also played with a lot of embellishments.

Hope you enjoy the lesson and your feedback is always welcome!

Thank you for watching and have a great weekend

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I love the freshness and youth inherent in Neo Soul music. But, I hate that it works better playing without a pick and seems to need more of a fingerstyle approach.

I am thinking it could be a useful supplement to help getting one's fingers more nimble for playing fingerstyle Jazz chord melody pieces.

If only I had more free time, more time on planet Earth, and I hung more with my Neo-Soul acquaintances, I would be more motivated to pursue this style. But, I have none of these things...

Nice little video, however.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by FeodorBivol
    Hello there!

Hope you guys are having a great week so far

This week’s tutorial is about Neo-Soul chords on the guitar. I’ll be breaking down the concepts behind playing neo-soul chords and I will also show you how to get that mellow lo-fi hip-hop guitar tone. Usually those chords are 7th chords with different extensions (9s, 11s and 13s) and also played with a lot of embellishments.

Hope you enjoy the lesson and your feedback is always welcome!

Thank you for watching and have a great weekend