The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 10 of 10

User Info Menu

I've just made two quick videos for a student of mine who couldn't remember what we did in her lesson, and thought I might as well share them here for anyone who wants to play this charming song. Of course, there are MANY ways to play this song, but here I am restricting the chords to three voices, on strings 6, 4 & 3.

Poor-quality phone videos, so you might need to up your volume control.

Chords for C'est Si Bon-cest-si-bon-chords-jpg

A slightly inebriated performance from the delightful Tatiana Eva-Marie:

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

and a good time was had by all...hah

cheers

User Info Menu

I found a 78 of this in w/a bunch of others this week, a huge hit for her back in the day

User Info Menu

eartha's version was first thing i thought of as well!!...that was her signature tune...60's tv! hah

cheers

User Info Menu

Hi Rob,

Nice, paced, version here from Bireli from his Standards album..............

Sorry, seem to have forgotten how to paste a YT hyperlink!

Good luck.

David

User Info Menu

Cheers, David. The boy can play, but I don't like his tone on this, and his strings seem too light. The fast passages are funny. Give me an inebriated Tatiana and her band any day

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rob MacKillop
    Cheers, David. The boy can play, but I don't like his tone on this, and his strings seem too light. The fast passages are funny. Give me an inebriated Tatiana and her band any day
    I now see this in a new light thanks to you Rob - totally agree re-tone and strings. Thanks for making me listen more carefully. I guess that having been lucky enough to see him four times over here in France at Marciac festival and one other venue he looms large in my memory.

User Info Menu

You have been lucky, as he is one of the greatest guitar players in the world. I just don't dig that specific recording.

User Info Menu

Rob,

I have been struggling with this song for a while and couldn't figure how to play many of the chords so it sounds good.
    Thank you very much !

User Info Menu

My pleasure, Jean. I'm pleased someone got some use out of it.

Cheers,

Rob