The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 33 of 33

User Info Menu

The OP got what he wanted in a previous post. Mine's redundant.

That's just what I'm after Mark ... perfect ..
    An intro to the intro .. Chords

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Scout -

Oh, you were the OP. Well, my strong advice is don't trust chords on old sheet music, ukulele or not. The guitar fingerings they give you are usually at the open position and are misleading.

You're welcome to those sheets but they don't have intros. As I said before, if you're stuck for an intro for any song take the last 2 or 4 bars, which usually have a turnaround, and use that. Or the turnaround at the end of the first A section. Some tunes have specified intros and you can usually find them somewhere on the net.

You'll also find that not all versions are the same... such is the world of sheet music.

An intro to the intro .. Chords-nsibs-jpgAn intro to the intro .. Chords-nsibs2-jpg

User Info Menu

PS. Don't try to play it like Joe Cohn, he's a very naughty man. Oh, hang on, that was Cherokee

User Info Menu

Gosh, it's gone very quiet... beavering away, I expect.

I couldn't resist the chords but I don't think the nightingale sang much like this. I know Berkeley Square :-)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by scout
    Cheers Graham ... here's Rod the Mod singing it ... It's a version I like ..
    I like his collection becasue he almost always sings full versions with intros - often omitted or forgotten...

I also once owned Billie Holiday Songbook (nothing in relation to Billie really - except that she sang those songs)... and it had those old intros too.

I

User Info Menu

Yes,Rod does the full version .... It's taken me ages to commit the intro to memory ... intro 2 that is..
    If it's OK I'll post what I play tomorrow ..
    Thanks everyone ... and a special thanks to you Ragman,

User Info Menu

Pleasure. Looking forward to hearing what you do

User Info Menu

Here's the pages that I'm learning from ..
    At the moment Ragman ,it'll have to be me 'showing' what I do .. to let the world 'hear' what I do, would take a degree of bravery on my part :-) .. one fine day however ..
    Anyways ,here the two pages (minus the 'intro to the intro') ..
    Cheers all ...
    Attached Images Attached Images An intro to the intro .. Chords-ng-chords-jpg An intro to the intro .. Chords-ng-lyrics-jpg