User Info Menu

There are several pages beyond the first one.

https://www.thejazzpianosite.com/jaz...assing-chords/
    Last edited by Drumbler; 02-12-2020 at 04:01 PM.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

it is a very clear and complete presentation, where we find all possible choices for passing chords, diatonics or chromatic in the tonal environment

we have the basic theoretical principles, so that we do not lock ourselves into systems more guitaristic than musical. Then you have to adapt it to the guitar, which requires knowledge of the series of chords

the following pages address other issues of harmony

it's rare to find such rich and free pages online

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Drumbler
    There are several pages beyond the first one.

https://www.thejazzpianosite.com/jaz...assing-chords/
    Thanks for posting this. I looked at several pages. Very clear explanations of some terms that can seem confusing.

User Info Menu

I've always liked this guy's site. His lessons are always very clear and informative - and can very easily be related to guitar, of course. His video delivery can be a bit piercing perhaps, but it's always clear and simple to understand.

This is his video collection and there's a ton of good stuff here.

Walk That Bass
    - YouTube

Although he's primarily a pianist, he also plays guitar up to a point and has done this.

So highly recommended. And, no, he's not paying me to advertise him :-)

User Info Menu

Yes, everyone on this site should go through all this basic jazz info from this site.
    The information is not the end, or very expanded, but is a great source for building a understanding or foundation for performing Jazz.

His guitar playing is what it is, but if you understand his approach, it’s just continuing the process....expanding the organizational process of developing technical skills.

Great post Drumbler