The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Posts 51 to 55 of 55

User Info Menu

I trancribed for guitar with tabs - all 20 pentatonics licks.
    All The Best
    Kris

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kris
    I trancribed for guitar with tabs - all 20 pentatonics licks.
    All The Best
    Kris

Very cool! Thank you.

I started to go through it, but I find working from youtube videos can be tedious, and I'm buried in another project.

Any plans to share your Scofield video transcriptions?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by FwLineberry
    Very cool! Thank you.

I started to go through it, but I find working from youtube videos can be tedious, and I'm buried in another project.

Any plans to share your Scofield video transcriptions?

Thanks.
    Best
    Kris

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kris
    Thanks.
    Best
    Kris

Thanks for that one. I was wondering about the rest of the video. You, at one point, said you had transcribed it all and might be willing to share it.

It's on my to-do list to go through both his instructional videos and work out everything he's playing, but I doubt that I'll ever get to it. It's a long list and I should have started working on these things as a teenager. I was too busy working out Judas Priest riffs, though.

User Info Menu

Just seeing this now, sorry for the delay.

Quote Originally Posted by darby
    I'm curious why you presented the major key options in the form of minor pentatonics.
    Most of the students who come to me only know the 1 minor pentatonic pattern. Therefore I present the material in relation to that 1 pattern so they can see the relationships based on what they already know.

Quote Originally Posted by darby
    I realize that a C major pentatonic scale has the same notes as an A minor pentatonic scale, but is there some advantage to visualizing it as an A minor pentatonic while improvising?
    Not really. As I said above it's just a way of taking a piece of information that most students already know and showing how it can be used over other chords.

The original poster stated that he understood the pentatonic scale to be R-m3-P4-P5-m7 (minor pentatonic scale) so I posted that pdf because it shows the different relationships based on using the minor pentatonic which he already knew.