The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 14 of 14

User Info Menu

Hi Folks, Merry Christmas to all! Anybody have a nice chord chart for this great Christmas song? I am hoping to find one that is not to complicated with really odd chords. Just searching on the internet it seems that is what I find, really complex or complicated chords, altered suspended, etc, etc.

Thanks in advance!

Bill Ward
    bluegrassbillward@gmail.com

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Try this. It’s fairly close to a “vanilla” chart, leaving decisions about subs and extensions to you.

For more charts like these, search for
    "anthologie des grilles de jazz"
    Last edited by KirkP; 12-24-2019 at 05:49 AM.

User Info Menu

Many Thanks to both Cosmic Gumbo and Kirk P for your suggestions! I will experiment with both of these and let you know what I think.

Merry Christmas to all!

Bill

User Info Menu

Here’s a somewhat different chart I found on the iReal Pro app. I’d recommend that app if you have an IOS or Andriod device. You can transpose or edit charts to your tastes.

Merry Christmas and enjoy the holidays!

User Info Menu

Thanks Kirk, a Much nicer looking chart anyway. Funny I have the Ireal Pro on my Iphone and actually looked for that song but came up empty, scrolling down the songs it was not included either.

Oh well, thanks again and Merry Christmas!

Bill

User Info Menu

Winter Wonderland is in the iReal Holiday 100 collection.

User Info Menu

Aha! So that is why I did not see it! I have several collections on my application but not that one. I will have to see about trying to add that one, Thanks Kirk!Bill

User Info Menu

Can't help it.

User Info Menu

This looks like it might fit the bill. The changes are less jazzy though.
    http://phrogz.net/tmp/Sing/WinterWonderland.pdf

User Info Menu

Adding to the pile. Here is a version in F courtesy of my duo partner....
    Attached Images Attached Images

User Info Menu

Hi Folks,

Just wanted to say thanks to all who provided suggestions and chords sheets for this song. The Forum is indeed a good reference to get help on this and many other aspects of jazz guitar. Happy New Year to all!

Bill

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bluegrass Bill Ward
    Hi Folks, Merry Christmas to all! Anybody have a nice chord chart for this great Christmas song? I am hoping to find one that is not to complicated with really odd chords. Just searching on the internet it seems that is what I find, really complex or complicated chords, altered suspended, etc, etc.

Thanks in advance!

Bill Ward
    bluegrassbillward@gmail.com
    Hi Bill,

I know the season is well past, but you did only leave yourself 1 day to learn it before Christmas! ;-) Below is my favorite and it's been masterfully transcribed by Francois Leduc. The chords are not too difficult ... but the lead is gorgeous: it contains a wealth of Joe Pass licks. It is instructive on many levels and applicable to many tunes ... not just holiday music. If you are inclined to want to learn some of the melody work ... you could start now and be all ready for next season ;-)

Best regards,

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by coopman
    Hi Bill,

I know the season is well past, but you did only leave yourself 1 day to learn it before Christmas! ;-) Below is my favorite and it's been masterfully transcribed by Francois Leduc. The chords are not too difficult ... but the lead is gorgeous: it contains a wealth of Joe Pass licks. It is instructive on many levels and applicable to many tunes ... not just holiday music. If you are inclined to want to learn some of the melody work ... you could start now and be all ready for next season ;-)

Best regards,

Thank you Coopman!

That was indeed beautiful and much appreciated at any time! I am looking forward to joining my kids next time. Here is a little Christmas memory I put together from last year with my kids treating Mom and Dad with their Christmas Music!

Thanks again Coopman, and many thanks to all the Jazz forum folks for the great advice and help on playing Jazz.

Best to all,

Bill