User Info Menu

This caught my eye this am. It looked like it could be useful. There’s part of me that thinks I’ve just got to sit down and sort out the basics.

30 Jazz Progressions You MUST Know - Tom Dempsey - Guitar Lessons - TrueFire

And on sale!

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bach5G
    This caught my eye this am. It looked like it could be useful. There’s part of me that thinks I’ve just got to sit down and sort out the basics.

30 Jazz Progressions You MUST Know - Tom Dempsey - Guitar Lessons - TrueFire

And on sale!
    My initial reaction was to just learn the 10 "mother" tunes that Bruce Forman recommends plus 20 more standard tunes and save your money. However, after reading thru the description I have to admit that this does look interesting and could be a useful shortcut if you're not familiar with this stuff.

For $20 bucks (on sale) I'd go for it.

User Info Menu

Just peeking through it.

I think a beginner would benefit more from the FV realbook series.

FV Real Book series?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bach5G
    FV Real Book series?
    Frank Vignola has two TrueFire video courses in which he teaches the chord progressions to many well-known standards.

Volume 1: Jazz Guitar Fakebook: Rhythm - Guitar Lessons - Frank Vignola - TrueFire

Volume 2: Jazz Guitar Fakebook: Rhythm Vol. 2 - Guitar Lessons - Frank Vignola - TrueFire