Howdy Guys,

Just did a short clip working on some Voicings over Stella (2 chords per bar using a simple rhythm) , feel free to check it out hopefully you like it.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Patwiblinmusic
    Howdy Guys,

Just did a short clip working on some Voicings over Stella (2 chords per bar using a simple rhythm) , feel free to check it out hopefully you like it.

Thanks. That was great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Happy you enjoy it....

User Info Menu

Sounds cool... but I sure wouldn't want to have that going on if I was soloing. Sounds like your going in and out of Melodic and harmonic min for note collections.... The other thing is.... for me at least at 1st few hearings... the function or harmonic movement is difficult to feel. The pattern seems to not have organization.

I dig the sound and I'm probably just missing things. And maybe because I don't like Diminished chords. keep more coming.

Howdy Reg,

yep totally on board with what you are saying!!! This is just a voicings study & exercise would never comp like this under a soloist.

Yeh the point of this exercise is to have voicings are moving through harmonic devices like Melodic/Harmonic and they are connected through different voice leading methods....

This study is similar to taking 1 voicing through the entire standard (not to ever comp that way but just to add vocabulary), I also keep the Rhythm consistent to make it easier to digest.......

User Info Menu

Nothing wrong with that at all...just a bit too symmetric.

Just breathe and slide into some of the chords.

Really enjoy your playing.

Haha yes it could be a tad, cheers mate appreciate it