Jazz Guitar
+ Reply to Thread
Posts 1 to 6 of 6

Complete Triads Guide for Guitar [Examples, Exercises, and Etudes]

Hi all,

Here is a brand new article that teaches you how to use triads in a comping situation.

There are practice exercises and three etudes at the end with demo and backing tracks.

Here is the link, I hope that you enjoy the lesson!

How to Play Triads on Guitar - JamieHolroydGuitar.com - Jamie Holroyd Guitar

Thanks,

Jamie
    Play Better Jazz Guitar Chords in 30 Days

JamieHolroydGuitar.com - Countless Free Jazz & Blues Guitar Lessons & Resources

2. # ADS
    The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

Hello Jamie,

Supers exercices, I progress with.

I have a question about this. I've been working on triads, and one thing I'm confused about is what to do with a 7 chord, as in a simple II-V-I, Dm|G7|Cmaj7 ?

I read you say the Diminished are "close" to the Dom7th, so would you use a diminished then?

I've also learned about using triads from the 3rd (or b3rd, depending) and this is where you would use the Diminished, from the 3rd of the Dom7. So I'm a tad bit confused by this. ie: from the G7 you would use a Bdim triad?

Hi, good question!

Most of the time diminished 7th chords are acting as a dominant 7b9 resolving to a I chord. So, in a ii-V-I in C, you could play Dm7 | Ddim7 | Cmaj7. The Ddim7 is really acting as and being treated as a G7b9/D.

I plan to do a more detailed article on this, but I hope this helps put you on!

Ok, thanks! I'll give this a go later.

No problem!

Join our Facebook Page

Get in Touch

Jazz Guitar eBooks
How To Get a Jazz Guitar Tone?
Privacy Policy

Follow us on:

Jazz Guitar Online on FacebookJazz Guitar Online on TwitterJazz Guitar Online on YoutubeJazz Guitar Online RSS Feed