Jazz Guitar
+ Reply to Thread
Posts 1 to 13 of 13

Video Comping Etude - All The Things You Are

Hey all,

Just wanted to share an etude I wrote to help incorporate some new ideas/concepts/techniques into my comping vocabulary. Thought you guys might dig it.

It's one of the lessons in our ongoing, monthly, free study guides. So if you want the pdf to print up, you can grab it in our September study guide. Otherwise, feel free to use the scrolling notation.

Enjoy

***EDIT***
    Oops. You can find out more about this month's free study guide if you want to register to get the pdf. It also has another etude focused on bebop style improv based on triads as well as some in-depth lessons on harmony for the maj7#11 chord and other melodic triad ideas.

Free September Study Guide
    NYC Jazz Guitar Masterclasses - Free Weekly Lessons

"Jordan Klemons is a great guitarist with unlimited potential. His prodigious technique is never an end in itself but instead the means to musical expression. He is a musician who looks to the past for inspiration and influence yet has a modern conception; he is someone to look out and listen for!"
    -Peter Bernstein

2. # ADS
    The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

that sounds disgusting man good work
    White belt
    My Youtube

Really nice work, very idiomatic to the instrument as well.

I'm hearing some of the ideas from the Pete Bernstein comp you transcribed.

Quote Originally Posted by joe2758 View Post
    that sounds disgusting man good work
    Quote Originally Posted by vintagelove View Post
    Really nice work, very idiomatic to the instrument as well.
    Thanks guys. Appreciate you checking it out.

"Jordan Klemons is a great guitarist with unlimited potential. His prodigious technique is never an end in itself but instead the means to musical expression. He is a musician who looks to the past for inspiration and influence yet has a modern conception; he is someone to look out and listen for!"
    -Peter Bernstein

Quote Originally Posted by christianm77 View Post
    I'm hearing some of the ideas from the Pete Bernstein comp you transcribed.
    I think you're probably right on that one Christian haha

-Peter Bernstein

Quote Originally Posted by jordanklemons View Post
    Hey all,

Just wanted to share an etude I wrote to help incorporate some new ideas/concepts/techniques into my comping vocabulary. Thought you guys might dig it.

It's one of the lessons in our ongoing, monthly, free study guides. So if you want the pdf to print up, you can grab it in our September study guide. Otherwise, feel free to use the scrolling notation.

Enjoy

***EDIT***
    Oops. You can find out more about this month's free study guide if you want to register to get the pdf. It also has another etude focused on bebop style improv based on triads as well as some in-depth lessons on harmony for the maj7#11 chord and other melodic triad ideas.

Free September Study Guide
    Nice Jordan! Very smooth. And now my terrible joke:

You're a great substitute teacher!
    Oh, hi - if interested, I post a lot of playing/practice clips at www.instagram.com/JakeEstner

Quote Originally Posted by JakeAcci View Post
    Nice Jordan! Very smooth. And now my terrible joke:

PAAhh!!! nice.
    White belt
    My Youtube

Quote Originally Posted by JakeAcci View Post

Hahahaha love it

-Peter Bernstein

Jordan how do you get that notated,

you are playing your guitar, and must record it.........then what happens sorry i dont know anything about software. ir hows does it end up as notated score?

Quote Originally Posted by Durban View Post
    Jordan how do you get that notated,

you are playing your guitar, and must record it.........then what happens sorry i dont know anything about software. ir hows does it end up as notated score?
    I transcribed it right inside the soundslice website. Great service! You can upload video to their platform and then transcribe it right there in on the website. Then they have a synch up tool that lets you anchor the notation notes to specific moments in the video to line up the timing. Really cool resource. Definitely worth checking out.
    j

-Peter Bernstein

+1 on soundslice. Amazing software.
    Oh, hi - if interested, I post a lot of playing/practice clips at www.instagram.com/JakeEstner

Jordan Mate, i came across your videos with Bernstein recently (wow!!!!)

you make great informative content, thanks heaps mate i really appreciate it.

Cheers man

Join our Facebook Page

Get in Touch

Jazz Guitar eBooks
How To Get a Jazz Guitar Tone?
Privacy Policy

Follow us on:

Jazz Guitar Online on FacebookJazz Guitar Online on TwitterJazz Guitar Online on YoutubeJazz Guitar Online RSS Feed