The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posts 1 to 25 of 47

User Info Menu

Hi!
    I regularly notice people in need of this or that chord chart, so I found a great pdf file at one of my fav places, Valdez studios. There's a download of a compilation of 557 tunes in pdf, just go to http://valdez.dumarsengraving.com/557JazzStandards.PDF
    and save it on your hd, it covers - like stated ' swing to bop, something for every jazzer...

Hope you can use it.
    Peace
    Skei (the swing your bop one)

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Wow! Thx!

User Info Menu

Thanks a lot!

User Info Menu

Great, I like the way the notes are written. Thanks a lot my friend !

User Info Menu

absolutely bloody brilliant mate! I was just about to go and buy some jazz books and along came skei. well done thanks for sharing.

User Info Menu

Amazing! Thank you very much!

wow! thanks for that, mate!

User Info Menu

Thank you very much . Great choice.

Thank you so much - fantastic.

User Info Menu

Skei,

top guy for posting that link - an absolute Godsend to many players.

Sorry to hear your bad news, keep yer chin up, life goes on and as one door closes another always opens.

Pete

User Info Menu

This is great-thank you so much for the pdfs!!.........Benny

User Info Menu

Just wanted to say thanks for this (somehow I missed it when it was originally posted) and good luck with the life situation. Music is definitely one thing that will always be there for us.

User Info Menu

Man, this is gorgeus.
    I simply love that.xD

User Info Menu

Very cool, thanks that really helps!

WOW! That's amazing. I'll save it to the old hard drive and print it out a bit at a time. Thanks
    Last edited by yankeetelecaster; 01-28-2009 at 02:13 PM. Reason: misspelling

User Info Menu

Hi Skei,

It's great to have this site to share our love for Jazz and also share our emotions in life. It"ll give us the strength to carry on.
    Thanks for sharing the PDF site.

Greetings,
    Bertrand.

User Info Menu

Truer words have not been spoken, Bertrand!
    For sure, this site is like a home away from home. And learning is easy with all these good guitarists around, and important too. Not everyone has the opportunity to go to university or college and learn jazz, which is a pity, growth of new generations of jazzers must continue, which I'm sure it will, as it's such a marvelous music.
    But yeah, we're lucky to have this place, and I certainly love to be here, especially now that I'm noticing that I'm improving radically over the past few weeks or so, maybe just THE last week. It's magic. Just like liquid hydrogen...
    (Joke)
    Peace
    &
    Keep the blue notes flowing
    Skei (the watching the river flow one)

User Info Menu

Thank you for this file !

User Info Menu

You are the best this is a great chunk of dots Thanks from all of us

User Info Menu

You're now my best friend, poster. THANK YOU-YOU JUST MADE THIS SATURDAY'S GIG TEN TIMES MUCH EASIER!!!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by skei
    You are all welcome,
    Casa Valdez has a lot of interesting things very often.
    How do you get to the home page

User Info Menu

You simply go to Casa Valdez Studios

and there's a list further down the page of older posts.
    Mr Valdez is a true jazzer, true jazzer.

Peace
    Skei (the blog reader one)

User Info Menu

Skei,

Much gratitude for the PDF file, this will help with my jazz improvising a lot now that I have a lot of jazz tunes to play! Sorry to hear about the situation, glad to know things are getting better! Again thank you for the file and look forward to seeing many more posts from you and many more questions from me

thanks,
    Jeff

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by skei
    Hi!
    I regularly notice people in need of this or that chord chart, so I found a great pdf file at one of my fav places, Valdez studios. There's a download of a compilation of 557 tunes in pdf, just go to http://valdez.dumarsengraving.com/557JazzStandards.PDF
    and save it on your hd, it covers - like stated ' swing to bop, something for every jazzer...

Hope you can use it.
    Peace
    Skei (the swing your bop one)
    Dear Skei,

I've been looking for a while for 557, 'cause I've lost my print version. So I'd like to say thank you very much.

Your writer, poet, piano player - from vienna, austria

Raoul Starka

PS: I hope, that I will be able to help you, too.

This pdf is great! Does anybody know if the actual book can be bought anywhere? I can't seem to find it online. Maybe it goes by another title?(sorry if this question has come up already)