The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 34 of 34

User Info Menu

Thank you, Tom. I'll have to play this tomorrow because in Barcelona it's 22:45p.m. right now. I'll tell you what.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Hi, Tom!
    That's nice but I'd give a b9 instead to that Eb9 chord. I think that by Eb9 you mean a 1 3 b7 9 chord right? I'm not too good when I have to interprete chord denominations but when I have all the intervals is ok. So a 1 3 b7 b9 pleases me more.

Thanks for sharing! I'll try to work out one too.

User Info Menu

Hey, Tom. Try this one.

Dm7 Em7| Dm7 Em7
    Am7 G7 | Am7 G7
    Gmaj7 Cmaj7
    Gmaj7 Cmaj7| D7 Em7.

There are not so many chords but there are 2 tonalities. 1rst one is Cmajor II III VI V, and the second Gmajor I IV and V VI to finish it. The last 2 chords are the end.

User Info Menu

Hi Claudi,Thanks for your post took the chords and came up with this.hope you like it.

cheers tom.

the chords i posted for you are not all one progression each line is a 2 bar 1625 progression with a subbed chord in for the original C Am |Dm G
    all you need to do is take one chord per line and mix and match them,but keep it 1625.Sorry for not explaining it beter when i first posted.

hope this helps tom

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Claudi
    I think that by Eb9 you mean a 1 3 b7 9 chord right? I'm not too good when I have to interprete chord denominations but when I have all the intervals is ok. So a 1 3 b7 b9 pleases me more.

Thanks for sharing! I'll try to work out one too.
    Hey Tom, did you make my simple chords sound like this? How? D'you have BIAB maybe? I got it recently but I still have to open it.

Please answer the question above: ON Eb9 the b is intended for the 3rd, 7th or 9th?

User Info Menu

Hi Claudi,yes the chords where put into BiaB and then I played around with it took about 10mins.
    The Eb9 chord is just an Eb7 with an F.It is the V of Ab.With the chords I showed you,you started with Am7 as the 2nd chord we subbed that with an A7,next was the tri_tone sub of that which is Eb7,then we changed that for Eb9.All the time keeping the chord as the 2nd in the progression,hope this makes sense to you or if I got it wrong then some one can jump in with a better explination.

Cheers Tom

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Claudi
    What about this tune? Why does does it have 4 dominants in only 5 chords?

http://aswas.files.wordpress.com/201...am-rogers2.pdf

Thanks in advance.
    Because it is a blues. Blues songs are the bastard child of music, and the don't follow the rules.

User Info Menu

That's funny Jeff... I like the analogy....Like how I was trying to explain modal music... Dominant function is not implied by the tri-tone... characteristic notes have function... kinda of... sorta of... fee-fi-fo-fum...anyway nice Jeff
    Best Reg

User Info Menu

Hey, Tom. Thank you very much. I liked it a lot! Yes, I understood your subs. Remember I've seen the light. Now I have to practice it all a lot.

Hey, Jeff. Bako gave me the same answer in another thread. As I read a bluesman say: "It's not theoretically correct but just play it!"
    I didn't think of a I IV V blues progression with dominants. Before I always played it with power chords.

Jeff, fee-fi-fo-fum? Is it a way to hum?