The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 20 of 20

User Info Menu

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Roland Dyens is great at mixing classical and jazz guitar, his albums are a joy to listen to!

User Info Menu

Mr. Buzzurro has some fantastic chops.

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Charlie Byrd

User Info Menu

Nate Najar

User Info Menu

Joe pass two albums (my personal favorites):

Unforgettable

Song For Ellen

Tony

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Son

Mr. Buzzurro has some fantastic chops.
    Yes indeed. Can't remember another solo guitar player who who swings so hard, too. At the beginning I thought "there must be a bass and drums somewhere".

User Info Menu

I like and listen to this gentlemen, who use more or less often a classical guitar for jazz: Antoine Boyer, Lucas Brar, Sylvain Luc...

User Info Menu

I am a fan of Romero Lubambo’s playing and teaching

User Info Menu

I've always envied classical guitarists' right hand-technique!

Here's a nice nylon-string guitar jazz solo by a young Romero Lubambo! (at 2:22)

User Info Menu

Ralph Towner

User Info Menu

Anthony Sidney is an American Classical Guitarist/Composer who also plays Blues, Rock and Jazz. He was the guitarist in a 1970's, very popular Italian "Jazz-Rock" band called Perigeo.

In this tune (that I wrote) he plays nylon-string suitar, while I (Francesco Barberini) play a jazzbox (with a plectrum).

This was part of an album/project he recorded in 2014, where he asked me to contribute both on guitar and composition.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kris
    I'm a big fan of Lenny. I play strictly jazz/bossa nova on classical guitar.

My first inspiration was Charlie Byrd, not to mention Louis Bonfa, Laurindo Almeida, Bola Sete, and, of course, Baden Powell. And, I do appreciate Chet Atkin's contribution to the genre.

I love Breau, though he uses a thumbpick and all the others use the classical style, fingers only, no picks. But, as a guitarist, he is among the greatest guitarists in the finger style that i can think of.

User Info Menu

I’d say this guys got some stuff goin

User Info Menu

Wow, I love that piece!
    It reminds me

User Info Menu

This Russian composer is a treasure for jazz classical guitar. Nice performance by Nikolai Ivanilov.