The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 17 of 17

User Info Menu

I like it very much:

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Oooo, me too. Great tone, once of the best I've heard.

User Info Menu

Excellent!

User Info Menu

Is that the McGill who built Delvecchio "clones" for a while? I knew he was working on a natural sounding PU system but didn't know any of the specifics.

User Info Menu

Thanks for the link, Kris. That does sound great on Walter Rodrigues' Cordoba GK Pro!

How difficult is the installation? At about 1:44 in the video, Walter points out the two controls on the upper bout. Does the installer need to cut a hole in the side of the guitar, or can these controls be mounted in another way?

Kris, thanks for the link to Walter Rodrigues Jr. I really enjoyed it. Watched many more videos from his channel.

I love his playing. However, this pick still has that buzzing, piezoelectric sound that I hate. I am considering the JourneyTek system, which is inexpensive and sounds extremely natural on steel strings, but I have yet to hear it on classical...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RoelandVerhoeven
    I love his playing. However, this pick still has that buzzing, piezoelectric sound that I hate. I am considering the JourneyTek system, which is inexpensive and sounds extremely natural on steel strings, but I have yet to hear it on classical...
    I do not like to use super glue for piezo elements.
    Works best with super glue.

You may be right.

User Info Menu

The James May Ultra Tonic pickup is the most natural sounding one i have heard on a classical guitar.The one in the video sounds good too but i would have to hear it in person to really judge it.

User Info Menu

The perfect pickup system, like unicorns, does not exist. However, some are better than others.

User Info Menu

I do a lot of classical playing, whenever I've done chamber music in nice theaters or halls I usually get a DPA 4099 with guitar clip put on me. I just got home from a set of concerts doing exactly that, and put one on order of my own.

User Info Menu

Does it happen often that you get to play in a venue that's not suitable for your instrument due to its size but required to fit the audience?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RJVB
    Does it happen often that you get to play in a venue that's not suitable for your instrument due to its size but required to fit the audience?
    Yes

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by KRosser
    Yes
    Good for you I suppose

User Info Menu

McGill used the RMC system in his guitars for years, I have it in several instruments, it's very good, but expensive and complicated.

User Info Menu

I have RMC in my Framework-great pick up system with midi....work without any problems over 15 yeras.