The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I discovered this piece at one of the monthly San Francisco Classical Guitar Society meetups. When I asked where the performer had found it, he told me he was working toward a certificate from Trinity College and this piece is in the Grade 5 exam book. I got that one and the Grade 8 volume. I like them -- the pieces have been thoroughly reviewed, are fingered thoughtfully, and are free of mistakes. Curious whether anyone here has pursued or is pursuing a credential with Trinity.

Hope you enjoy it!

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by dfclark
    I discovered this piece at one of the monthly San Francisco Classical Guitar Society meetups. When I asked where the performer had found it, he told me he was working toward a certificate from Trinity College and this piece is in the Grade 5 exam book. I got that one and the Grade 8 volume. I like them -- the pieces have been thoroughly reviewed, are fingered thoughtfully, and are free of mistakes. Curious whether anyone here has pursued or is pursuing a credential with Trinity.

Hope you enjoy it!

Interesting, DF, and a great encore piece after a performance. Is the sheet music available? Or, would you provide a copy?
    Marinero

User Info Menu

HI, Marinero. You can find the books here: https://shop.trinitycollege.com/shop/dept/Guitar/100055

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by dfclark
    Curious whether anyone here has pursued or is pursuing a credential with Trinity.

Hope you enjoy it!

Well played!. I'll have to get a copy of that piece.

I did a number of grades with Trinity up to and including Grade Eight. The main reason was to get a few solo classical pieces into my repertoire and to help my reading. This seemed to be the most disciplined way to do it.

Any of the published grade books from 4 upwards have quite rewarding pieces. Solo classical is quite a lonely route however and I haven't kept it up as much as I should, if only to play Bach. I have slipped back into the shady region of jazz and enjoying the company of like-minded musicians, many of whom have classical training.