The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 10 of 10
    I had the great opportunity to travel to Paracho, Mexico, and met Don Guillermo Rubio.
    I got one of his beautiful guitar.
    Anybody heard of Paracho, Mexico?
    Love it.
    Rene

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Never been there, but I have a nice Kenny Hill Guitarras de Estudio nylon-string palo escrito cutaway that was built in Paracho. Hill has since moved his offshore line to China, I believe.

I would love to go down to Paracho and look around one day. I can't imagine how many guitars have been built in that little town!
    Last edited by Flat; 04-25-2022 at 10:49 PM.

User Info Menu

Sure. It’s a beautiful place near the Copper Canyon and world famous for guitars. Some of the finest shops in the world for classical, flamenco, and bossa players.

Lots of cheap trinket guitars too, as to be expected in a town known for guitars and guitar tourism. But the top workshops make some of the best guitars in the world. Not really a place for steel string guitars, though. I’m sure you can find someone to build you anything. People in Mexico hate saying “no”. But that’s not really their thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

User Info Menu

I have 3 guitars that were made in Paracho. Would love to visit one day....

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Flat
    Never been there, but I have a nice Kenny Hill Guitarras de Estudio nylon-string palo escrito cutaway. Hill has since moved his offshore line to China, I believe.

I would love to go down to Paracho and look around one day. I can't imagine how many guitars have been built in that little town!
    There are many guitar factories there, and also have a lot of guitar luthiers in Paracho.
    Don Guillermo makes about 4-5 guitars a year.

Quote Originally Posted by Rene Asologuitar
    I had the great opportunity to travel to Paracho, Mexico, and met Don Guillermo Rubio.
    I got one of his beautiful guitar.
    Anybody heard of Paracho, Mexico?
    Love it.
    Rene

I really did not see the other stores, as I stuck with one luthier, and stayed with Don Guillermo, the whole day, until I got the deal finished.
    Paying with credit card is not easy because Mexico has limits on credit cards.
    Paracho is also one of those towns that the cartel has some hold on, and you do not want to be in Paracho when the sun has set, and nighttime is started.

User Info Menu

Copper Canyon is hundreds of miles North of Paracho.

FYI

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bohemian46
    Copper Canyon is hundreds of miles North of Paracho.

FYI
    That’s right. I was thinking of the Lake (whose name now escapes me), not the Copper Canyon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

User Info Menu

'Near' is a nebulous and relative term. Paracho is much nearer to it than Minneapolis is.

You are absolutely right, and very funny!
    Rene