The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Does anyone have experience with either of these, or Kremona guitars in general? The 90th Anniversary has a Pau Ferro back and reading mixed impressions of this as a solid back wood.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

yes, i bought a used 7 string as a prax guitar at work and i've been pleasantly surprised by its quality.

User Info Menu

They make 2 oval-hole Selmer-style guitars that are Lulu Reinhardt signature models. I suppose that must account for something (I have a certain interest in the nylon-string version but never got to try one).

FWIW, Eastern Europe has always been a source of (more than) decent, reasonably priced instruments. Other, better known examples are Dowina and Furch.

User Info Menu

That’s funny, I was just looking at the Kremona Solea last week. Great looking guitar. Like I need more than the 2 classical’s I already have.

Quote Originally Posted by 2bornot2bop
    That’s funny, I was just looking at the Kremona Solea last week. Great looking guitar. Like I need more than the 2 classical’s I already have.
    I purchased a new Solea yesterday. I played a 90th Anniversary model today for a potential local sale. No thank you! I hope the Solea surprises me; I have my doubts now. I will let you know. Yes, I need more than one. I have purchased each previous classical from the Philly Classical Guitar Store--Bill Newman's Esteve's and Picados are really something. Never should have sold, but I kept thinking that classical / nylon demanded an almost singular focus in order to progress. Maybe.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by tomvwash
    I purchased a new Solea yesterday. I played a 90th Anniversary model today for a potential local sale. No thank you! I hope the Solea surprises me; I have my doubts now. I will let you know. Yes, I need more than one. I have purchased each previous classical from the Philly Classical Guitar Store--Bill Newman's Esteve's and Picados are really something. Never should have sold, but I kept thinking that classical / nylon demanded an almost singular focus in order to progress. Maybe.
    Please do. I looked at the woods of the Solea and thought, man those have to sound fabulous! Make certain to have a Cheese Steak for me. Do I ever miss them!

Quote Originally Posted by 2bornot2bop
    Please do. I looked at the woods of the Solea and thought, man those have to sound fabulous! Make certain to have a Cheese Steak for me. Do I ever miss them!
    I was able to purchase a new one for $1500 and received it on Monday. I think I need to change the strings out from the standard Royal Classics (RC) to D'Addario Pro Art soon, maybe. Solid build, no question, and I assume it will open up with age. This is a fine intermediate / student level classical guitar all around, action is set perfectly. I probably do not need another for my skill level and amount of time spent in this genre, but I still miss the Esteve and Picado, but not the $1k price hike that came with them.