The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Greek guitarist, Evangelos, was one of the true gifts to the Classical Guitar world. He was a master technician and played with great conviction and emotion. Here's Evangelos playing Antonio Lauro's "5 Valses Venezolanos" and Tarrega's "Caprichio Arabe." I hope you enjoy.
    Marinero

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

An incredible player! He's still alive and well, playing actively and living in Athens, often performing with his wife (of almost 60 years!), guitarist Liza Zoi.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Alter
    An incredible player! He's still alive and well, playing actively and living in Athens.
    Hi, A,
    Thanks for the correction! I thought I heard he had passed a few years ago. Great news! He is truly one of the great masters of the Classical Guitar.
    Marinero

User Info Menu

That was a great duo, and with a different flavor than Presti & Lagoya.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ronjazz
    That was a great duo, and with a different flavor than Presti & Lagoya.
    And that is a spectacular version of Tarrega's great Capricchio Arabe, my new favorite of a piece I played in concert many times. Right from the clarion first notes, this was going to be the real thing. Marvelous.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ronjazz
    And that is a spectacular version of Tarrega's great Capricchio Arabe, my new favorite of a piece I played in concert many times. Right from the clarion first notes, this was going to be the real thing. Marvelous.
    Hi, R,
    I just found another site where you can download some free scores by Tarrega. Go to Wiki on Francisco Tarrega and scroll to the bottom under "free scores and biography." There's enough there to keep one busy for awhile.
    Marinero

User Info Menu

Here's another stunning performance by Evangelos of "Serenata Espanola." I hope you enjoy! Marinero