The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 21 of 21

User Info Menu

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Marcin Patrzalek is growing.There are no 'circus' performances here.

User Info Menu

I think the black coat might be more at home with Ring of Fire or Folsom Prison Blues than Chopin, but...

I clicked on it expecting to see a nylon string. Very nice sound and impressive technique. Who says "classical" players are resistant to change?

User Info Menu

This is wonderful.

Chopin is my favorite composer. And not just because he's Polish, and everything Polish is inherently better, but it is.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mr. beaumont
    This is wonderful.

Chopin is my favorite composer. And not just because he's Polish, and everything Polish is inherently better, but it is.
    Here’s Chopin you have an Fantasie-Impromptu day…

Chopin Nocturne on Guitar (Op. 9 No. 2)-6c7911377-tdy-130617-leo-toasts-1-jpg

User Info Menu

Speaking of technique, know of any nylon string players who hammer on with their left hand?

User Info Menu

I couldn't make it through the whole video, Kris. Sorry! The obnoxious theatrics and Darth Vader costume have nothing to do with music and for someone like me are beyond annoying. However, I loved the beautiful Polish girls! Here's a young man that's IS the real thing and pays Chopin his deserved respect!
    Play live . . . Marinero

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Jeff
    Speaking of technique, know of any nylon string players who hammer on with their left hand?

rh tapping at around the 4:30 mark

User Info Menu

The piece just does not work for me on guitar, you lose too much

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BWV

I only like to listen to the original Chopin's piano music. .
    All the modifications and arrangements for other instruments do not suit me ... but they popularize Chopin's music.
    Chopin sounds best on the piano.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Marinero
    I couldn't make it through the whole video, Kris. Sorry! The obnoxious theatrics and Darth Vader costume have nothing to do with music and for someone like me are beyond annoying. However, I loved the beautiful Polish girls! Here's a young man that's IS the real thing and pays Chopin his deserved respect!
    Play live . . . Marinero

I love Chopin's music played only on the piano.Sorry!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kris
    I only like to listen to the original Chopin's piano music. .
    All the modifications and arrangements for other instruments do not suit me ... but they popularize Chopin's music.
    Chopin sounds best on the piano.
    charles Rosen claimed Chopin was the greatest master of counterpoint after Mozart (who was Chopin’s primary influence). You can’t just take the top line and rework the chords based on some Roman numeral analysis

User Info Menu

I like the taped on pickup and soundboard damage aesthetic.

Oh, and also liked the song. I listened to the whole thing!

User Info Menu

Hi, B,
    It's not written for guitar as a transcription but rather for the original piano. A guitar transcription does not have the bass clef separate. The bass lines are written in the treble clef.
    Play live . . . Marinero

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Marinero
    Hi, B,
    It's not written for guitar as a transcription but rather for the original piano. A guitar transcription does not have the bass clef separate. The bass lines are written in the treble clef.
    Play live . . . Marinero
    not sure what you are trying to tell me, The video is piano, not guitar. My point being the piece does not work on guitar, Chopin is too idiomatic to the piano

User Info Menu

not sure what you are trying to tell me, The video is piano, not guitar. My point being the piece does not work on guitar, Chopin is too idiomatic to the piano
    Hi, B,
    I thought you were referring to the written music as a guitar transcription. My fault. Sorry. However, I totally disagree about Chopin(and Beethoven, Schumann, Villa Lobos) transcriptions for the guitar which are nothing short of breathtaking and should be somewhere in every CG's repertoire.
    Play live . . . Marinero

Here's a beautiful little prelude of Chopin's played by the great Edson Lopes. Enjoy.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mr. beaumont
    This is wonderful.

Especially perogies

User Info Menu

Mmm piwa!
    as the polka says:
    “In Heaven there is no beer,
    And that’s why we drink it here”

dwa piwa prosz?,
    Stolat!

joelf Guest
    Beautifully played---right from the heart. The strings are perfect too.

I have this one in a book of Chopin Nocturnes for guitar. Started to learn it. Now maybe I'll get off my ass.

Chopin was the original songwriter!...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Jeff

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Christian Miller
    Hi, C,
    For the record, the right hand is playing harmonics while the left hand is doing hammer-ons/pulloffs. The following techniques provide great exercises for strengthening LH control whether a Jazzer or CG, however, they would only be used as an "effect" rather than playing a whole piece with them which is, of course, theatrics as in your above video. Matthews is a great online teacher who has a good video on this subject.
    Play live . . . Marinero

P.S. And, for CG's, he also has a huge library of free downloads of Classical Sheet Music from elementary to advanced/artist level material. M