The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 10 of 10

User Info Menu

I'm looking for a thin body-narrow nut classical with built in electronics, have any of you played the Takamine TSP148NC, Thinline Acoustic-Electric Nylon string?
    I have a few traditional classicals but I want something for standing while playing latin or bossa nova.

Thanks

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I’ve never played them, but I knew a guy who used to gig in La Crosse when I lived there who played a Godin, then upgraded to a Sadowsky. I thought the Godin sounded very good, but the Sadowsky was incredible.

Multiac Nylon String Natural HG | Godin Guitars

Electric Nylon - Sadowsky Guitars

Thanks Dr Jeff,

But I am looking for something that has a bit more depth (not a solid body) with some acoustic properties.
    So far I've tried the Cordoba 55FCE Negra Ziricote which had too many bright overtones for what I do, I felt like I had to mute the strings constantly after playing licks up the neck.
    Last edited by Noto; 05-15-2021 at 06:14 PM.

User Info Menu

Haven't tried the Takamine but have used the Yamaha NTX700 extensively. I highly recommend it. Plays great, sounds really good on stage and in the studio, plugged in and acoustically.
    Narrower neck, cutaway, thinline and really good balance.
    They made a few models of this design but this is the least expensive I believe. About $500
    Thin-body, narrow nut classical with built in electronics-screen-shot-2021-05-09-9-28-53-pm-pngThin-body, narrow nut classical with built in electronics-screen-shot-2021-05-09-9-28-27-pm-png

Thanks Jimmy, I tried one of those at GC before the pandemic and it sounded a bit electronic, but maybe it was just that the strings were dead.
    They have a new NTX series coming out that I am curious about but the the release date has been delayed.
    Yamaha NTX5 - Natural | Sweetwater

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Noto
    I'm looking for a thin body-narrow nut classical with built in electronics, have any of you played the Takamine TSP148NC, Thinline Acoustic-Electric Nylon string?
    I have a few traditional classicals but I want something for standing while playing latin or bossa nova.

Thanks

User Info Menu

Check out Giannini guitars; I have a classical, somewhat narrower nut than most, built-in electronics, decent woods.

I'm not sure who is a dealer now though.

User Info Menu

Thanks
    Why can't you play a normal classical with a strap standing up? I did that for years and I have major gut (not the stings silly!). I have a Yamaha silent and a Godin ACS that both play standing up well, though I'm mostly a sit down singer songwriter type of cat.

Quote Originally Posted by rolavine
    Why can't you play a normal classical with a strap standing up? I did that for years and I have major gut (not the stings silly!). I have a Yamaha silent and a Godin ACS that both play standing up well, though I'm mostly a sit down singer songwriter type of cat.
    I've been playing a custom built thin body classical guitar for 25 years and I want a backup, especially now that a few companies are making them.

User Info Menu

Thanks Jimmy, I tried one of those at GC before the pandemic and it sounded a bit electronic, but maybe it was just that the strings were dead.
    They have a new NTX series coming out that I am curious about but the the release date has been delayed.
    Yamaha NTX5 - Natural | Sweetwater
    That NTX looks like a nice classical to check out. I've owned one of their early, inexpensive versions (APX9NA) for many years. It's not on the same level as the Japan built NTX, but sounds great and has a similar body shape which is very comfortable sitting or standing. If I were in the market the NTX would get a serious look.