The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 12 of 12

User Info Menu

Hi

Anybody have recommendations for a classical guitar with a 1 3/4 nut width in the $500 range? Acoustic electric ok but not a thin body.....would mostly use it unplugged to explore some nylon jazzy sounds.

Thanks

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Cordoba Fusion 12 is tiny bit over 1.75", but meets my ergonomic needs. It also has a slight radius to the fingerboard.

User Info Menu

Fender might have something.

User Info Menu

Wow great reviews and less then the price dinner for the family!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by alltunes
    Hi

Anybody have recommendations for a classical guitar with a 1 3/4 nut width in the $500 range? Acoustic electric ok but not a thin body.....would mostly use it unplugged to explore some nylon jazzy sounds.

Thanks
    I did a lot of research and the owner of a classical guitar store told me his gigging guitar for 30 years was a Takamine so I found a used with return privileges and am quite happy with it. Used can give you better value if in good shape but also Ive had good luck with Yamaha, they have a flamenco model for under 5 hundred that plays easier than tradional at Sweetwater.

User Info Menu

Try the Cordoba GK Studio

Thanks for these suggestions but looking for a 1.75 nut width

User Info Menu

1 3/4" is very tight for nylon strings that have a rather large "swing" to them when plucked.

1 7/8ths is more common in "crossover" nylon guitars.

Best of luck finding a full sized nylon string/ classical guitar.

User Info Menu

Take a look:CN-140SCE | Acoustic Guitars

Happy hunting, in any event.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bohemian46
    1 3/4" is very tight for nylon strings that have a rather large "swing" to them when plucked.

1 7/8ths is more common in "crossover" nylon guitars.

Best of luck finding a full sized nylon string/ classical guitar.

Yes thanks I see that now 1 7/8th seems to be the ticket...although not exactly budget The Cordoba C10 Crossover seems to check all the boxes...as does the Takamine TC135SC..the Tak has electronics and a cutaway.

Anybody have experience with these two models?