The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 14 of 14

User Info Menu

Hi. Have any of you tried W & I CG strings?

If so, are they high, medium, or low tension? The label doesn't state this; only that they are 28-43 mm...

Do you like them or not? Why?

Thanks, M

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Essentially a low or medium-low tension according to the measurements, but I never heard of them.

User Info Menu

Never heard of them.

User Info Menu

They made a great team.

Winston & Isaac Classical Guitar Strings?-f26adf79-d076-43ed-a2d2-80ad49932996-jpgWinston & Isaac Classical Guitar Strings?-44fbea85-032a-48f9-9cb9-41084a11882d-jpg

User Info Menu

Can only find a reference to these on eBay. Does not inspire one with confidence.

Winston & Isaac Classical Guitar Strings?-00f29e08-a994-42d9-a9c9-36a6a0e68a5c-jpg

User Info Menu

Also this.

Winston & Isaac Classical Guitar Strings?-3fd320de-2adf-42f9-9f69-ffb7dc3a23f2-jpg

User Info Menu

Just got it !! Very funny...

User Info Menu

Yeah. I hear ya. But the artwork is attractive in the sense that perhaps these guys have some class about themselves, that maybe they are players as well as designers. Well if no one here has tried them, I guess there's only one way to find out...M

User Info Menu

Hi, Mark,
    Many CG's have a string fetish. They are always looking for a better string that will make their "talent" grow . . . ahem. As a beginner, you should try to play as many strings as possible to find a set that matches YOUR hands and YOUR concept of CG sound that matches YOUR instrument. However, strings do not the player make(bad Shakespeare). I"ve played ,over the years, Hannabach Gold HT, Savarez Alliance Carbons HT, Knobloch Active Carbons HT, and La Bella 2001 HT. I currently play D'Addario Pro Arte EJ46 HT (last several years) and found that their neutral tone brings out the true character of my instruments so that I can recognize each of their voices when played. The years I played carbons . . . I was creating a sound that was not inherent to my instruments. So, some men like blondes, others brunettes . . . let's not forget redheads . . . however, I want the naturals. Good playing . . . Marinero P.S. And, if you don't like that redhead anymore(guitar) . . . why not try a blonde!

User Info Menu

A belated thanks to all who replied...

User Info Menu

Marinero. In post #9 You seem like you think I'm a beginner.. I've been playing CG and JG for some 5-6 decades.. I was a pro bassist for about 30 years, retired from since about 1995 and back on CG which began in 1965 but was interrupted by bass. I play a Cordoba C10..

User Info Menu

Did you try these strings in the end? just curious.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MarkInLA
    Marinero. In post #9 You seem like you think I'm a beginner.. I've been playing CG and JG for some 5-6 decades.. I was a pro bassist for about 30 years, retired from since about 1995 and back on CG which began in 1965 but was interrupted by bass. I play a Cordoba C10..
    Sorry, Mark,
    There was no negativity or disrespect intended on my part. I hope, at least, there was some positive aspect to my reply. Good playing . . . Marinero

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Marinero
    Sorry, Mark,
    There was no negativity or disrespect intended on my part. I hope, at least, there was some positive aspect to my reply. Good playing . . . Marinero
    I never thought there was negativity. My reply probably sounded miffed.But it was just a way of explaining that I've been there and back many many moons concerning strings, as has everyone who is not a novice. ...