The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

#TBT:

Enjoy!

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I don't know. It was great to see Paco's house, now a hotel, but who is worthy to play Paco's main guitar? This guy couldn't even tune it properly. Where was the real reverence for the greatest flamenco musician of all time? Why didn't we have Paco's music in the background instead of this guy promoting his own music, which is way below the level of the Maestro?

Maybe I'm being too harsh. I've not had my breakfast yet...But if I were in that room, and they guy showed me Paco's guitar, I just would not be able to touch it, I just wouldn't feel worthy. I'd just be silent, in awe. This is Paco de Lucia we are talking about. Who is worthy to play his guitar?!

User Info Menu

And he immediately puts a ding in the back!

User Info Menu

Yeah, I shuddered at that!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rob MacKillop
    I don't know. It was great to see Paco's house, now a hotel, but who is worthy to play Paco's main guitar? This guy couldn't even tune it properly. Where was the real reverence for the greatest flamenco musician of all time? Why didn't we have Paco's music in the background instead of this guy promoting his own music, which is way below the level of the Maestro?

Maybe I'm being too harsh. I've not had my breakfast yet...But if I were in that room, and they guy showed me Paco's guitar, I just would not be able to touch it, I just wouldn't feel worthy. I'd just be silent, in awe. This is Paco de Lucia we are talking about. Who is worthy to play his guitar?!

All in fun! Good playing . . . Marinero

User Info Menu

i'd assume the player in the video is the poster...he must have been thrilled...i liked the fact that he/you smelled it (the soundhole) when it came out of the case!!! for the total experience!!

also liked seeing paco's boots...the classic beatle boots came out of flamenco boots...in fact the first beatle boots were made by the spanish bespoke bootery anelo & davide!

good for you to experience something that obviously means a great deal to you!

no harm no foul..in my book...interesting vid...beautiful place

cheers
    Last edited by neatomic; 01-24-2020 at 09:16 PM.

User Info Menu

Thanks for your kind comments, neatomic!

Yes, it was a lot of fun and a great experience. I enjoy Spain very much.

I am very lucky that I saw Paco in concert many times troughout the years and visited with him and his band after the shows. Same with the Super Trio with John and Al and many other great players.

I also played Paco's main guitar, his Hermanos Conde Flamenco Negra that he played for many years and we talked about strings, food and futbol soccer!

Here is a new recent clip:

Salud!

Sergio Lara - Home | Facebook

User Info Menu

2nd vid was wonderful...enjoy that conde!!! he makes it look easy!!! hah

well done...

cheers

User Info Menu

Enjoy and have a great weekend!

Sergio Lara - Home | Facebook