Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    Hi!

    Ok, this is not pure classical guitar but this technique is very common in that genre's plucking and here it's coverted to picking guitar. It uses down-down-up and down-down-down-up technique. I use this in gypsy jazz style also.
    I hope you like it!

    Cheers, Mikko




  2.  

    The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
     
  3. #2

    User Info Menu

    brilliant playing.....thnks...hows that Yamaha compare to a Godin...I think it sounds great

  4. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by voxsss View Post
    brilliant playing.....thnks...hows that Yamaha compare to a Godin...I think it sounds great
    Thank you very much! I don't own Godin, but I think Yamaha is lighter and you can take off the upper frame and carry whole thing in rifflebag-like thing. I played this straight to track and used also only the reverb from the guitar. You can have better sound when you mix dry straight line and mic in front the guitar. And then add things on your DAW.

    Cheers, Mikko

  5. #4

    User Info Menu

    did you compose that piece...if you did i hope you send it to a publisher and make some money..

  6. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by voxsss View Post
    did you compose that piece...if you did i hope you send it to a publisher and make some money..
    Yes, I composed it. I have several similar compositions easier and more complexed. I actually had book for guitar etudes coming but my computer broke down. If you are interested you can listen one of my first compositions for classical guitar. It's called Korpijärvi (Forest Lake)


  7. #6

    User Info Menu

    Beautiful piece (and playing). And a timely post for me: I got a little bored practicing a classical piece today, so I reached over and picked up one of my jazz picks -- a pro plek 1.5mm -- and continued playing. Wow, what a difference ... I don't know if my nails are just too brittle, or my technique is bad (or, much more likely, a combination of the two), but the difference in sound was amazing. Not sure where this leads me, but at a minimum, I'd like to aim for more of the rounded, fuller sound of the jazz pick, even when using my nails.Thanks for posting.

  8. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by bmw2002 View Post
    Beautiful piece (and playing). And a timely post for me: I got a little bored practicing a classical piece today, so I reached over and picked up one of my jazz picks -- a pro plek 1.5mm -- and continued playing. Wow, what a difference ... I don't know if my nails are just too brittle, or my technique is bad (or, much more likely, a combination of the two), but the difference in sound was amazing. Not sure where this leads me, but at a minimum, I'd like to aim for more of the rounded, fuller sound of the jazz pick, even when using my nails.Thanks for posting.
    Well, i have perfect pick for you. Check out </title>
    <link rel="profile" href="http://gmpg.org/xfn/11" />
    <link rel="pingback" href="https://www.finnpick.com/xmlrpc.php" />


    <title>Finnpick – Handmade Picks with Character


    I make these picks. They are hand made of Finnish woods. Warm sound with power and character.

    I'm also desingning right now gypsy jazz pick that has very rpund edges and really smooth surface with no raspness in sound just high-end bright sound with warm power. It's made of stabilized finnish curly birch. If you are interested you can email me your thoughts through the website.

    Thank you for the comment!

  9. #8

    User Info Menu

    Mikko -- is your Yamaha the version with the wide nut width (52mm) or the narrower version (can't find a spec on the Yamaha web site for the actual size of the narrower version)? I'm intrigued by this guitar as an alternative to my two standard size classicals.

  10. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by bmw2002 View Post
    Mikko -- is your Yamaha the version with the wide nut width (52mm) or the narrower version (can't find a spec on the Yamaha web site for the actual size of the narrower version)? I'm intrigued by this guitar as an alternative to my two standard size classicals.
    Hi! I just measured it. My guitar has 50mm nut width. Strings are bit high and I think they are high because they don't know humidity and other things where these instruments leave from the factory. Maybe I sand it down little bit some day or not.

    This is nice guitar for practicing at home. And I have done couple of gigs with it too. It's so easy to carry. But it doesn't have the same feel and sound than normal guitar. I think that it's guitar of its own. It shouldn't be just like normal acoustic guitar. One great thing also is that you can play it how loud you want.

  11. #10

    User Info Menu

    im looking for one also....SG200N...about 600 euro..50mm nut..pick too...many thnks for the pdf too...

  12. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by voxsss View Post
    im looking for one also....SG200N...about 600 euro..50mm nut..pick too...many thnks for the pdf too...
    Thank you very much!
    SLG200n is somewhere around 600€. Might get little cheaper as a second-hand but not much. I'm not sure but I think that they have some updates to this model in factory so that's why I wannted to buy a new one.

    Cheers