Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 14 of 14

User Info Menu

My folding footstool has seen better days, and I need a new one. The one I had stays "level" at each height, with a small lever that lets you angle it if you want. I prefer the surface to be level, not angled. But I scrolled through Amazon, and it appears that all of the inexpensive folding stools get a steeper angle the higher you set it.

Does anyone make a light folding metal stool that stays level as you raise it? FWIW, I am doing some pit work so I would prefer black if possible.

Thanks all.
    -- Isn't it crazy that "archtop" and "luthier" are spelling errors on this forum?

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I can't help you directly, but you might have found a good use for all the jazz guitar books you've collected over the years

Only kidding...

Quote Originally Posted by Rob MacKillop View Post
    I can't help you directly, but you might have found a good use for all the jazz guitar books you've collected over the years

Only kidding...
    They don't fold up the fit in a case.
    -- Isn't it crazy that "archtop" and "luthier" are spelling errors on this forum?

User Info Menu

I used to have a level footstool that was made out of ebony years back that was just beautiful until it finally broke!

I can't remember where I got it though. Maybe someone is selling a level footstool on EBay.

Just a thought.

Regards,
    Steven Herron
    Learn To Play Chord Melody Guitar

User Info Menu

Curious as to how high you like your footstool. Mine (and I assume most) are fairly level at lower heights and it seems quite awkward - even apart from the acute angle - to have them set at the most extreme heights. Do you need such a stool because of different chair heights? Or do you prefer a John Stowell-like angle? I also assume that a combination stool & guitar support are out of the question?

There are a lot of nice wooden ones that are level, but that's too extravagant. Here's the one I've had for around 40(!) years. Notice the swivel-bracket that lets you use the stool level or angled.

"Level" footstool?-fs1-jpg
    "Level" footstool?-fs2-jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images "Level" footstool?-fs1-jpg 
    Last edited by Woody Sound; 09-08-2018 at 11:53 AM.

User Info Menu

wood is too extravagant? what's your guitar made of?

Quote Originally Posted by ronjazz View Post
    wood is too extravagant? what's your guitar made of?
    I don't stand on my guitar.

Black Rustoleum spray paint: Ta-da! (Let's see how long it lasts.)

"Level" footstool?-fs-black-jpg

User Info Menu

Haha nice! I was going to suggest that as a possibility.

Ha! I found this image and got very excited, then when I clicked on it the following link came up.

"Level" footstool?-sit-stand-jpg

Folding Sit Stand Laptop Workstation | Adjustable Height
    Last edited by Woody Sound; 09-14-2018 at 02:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Woody Sound View Post
    Ha! I found this image and got very excited, then without reading I clicked on the link!

"Level" footstool?-sit-stand-jpg

Folding Sit Stand Laptop Workstation | Adjustable Height
    Maybe I could put it into the Incredible Shrinking Machine.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rob MacKillop View Post

Only kidding...
    I agree Rob....or a stool if I add the classical guitar books!! LOL

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Woody Sound View Post
    Black Rustoleum spray paint: Ta-da! (Let's see how long it lasts.)

"Level" footstool?-fs-black-jpg
    That looks fantastic!

Hey!! You have my napkin holder!!

I could never get used to a footrest, so I use this on my classical...
    "Level" footstool?-gitano-guitar-support-1-1600_2048x-jpg
    measure with micrometer... mark with chalk... cut with axe