+ Reply to Thread
Posts 1 to 9 of 9

Fingerstyle jazz on classical guitar

Ther is my new tune "Blue Nylon":
    https://app.box.com/s/zgbkupyttz99uykckqowqmhp6jgz17zz

2. # ADS
    The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

Hi Kris,

Very nice! I enjoyed your solo guitar piece Blue Nylon. I've never heard it before so I'm assuming that you wrote the piece yourself?

I was fortunate enough to study classical guitar with Aaron Shearer back in the early 70s at Peabody Conservatory Of Music which was right around the time Charlie Byrd was at the height of his career playing nylon string jazz.

If you're interested in some of Charlie's solo guitar arrangements that he was playing at the time on his Jose Ramirez classical guitar, here's a link to his page:

Learn Charlie Byrd Guitar Solos - Tab Books, Instruction DVDs + Video Lessons

Regards,
    Steven Herron

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Herron View Post
    Hi Kris,

Very nice! I enjoyed your solo guitar piece Blue Nylon. I've never heard it before so I'm assuming that you wrote the piece yourself?

I was fortunate enough to study classical guitar with Aaron Shearer back in the early 70s at Peabody Conservatory Of Music which was right around the time Charlie Byrd was at the height of his career playing nylon string jazz.

If you're interested in some of Charlie's solo guitar arrangements that he was playing at the time on his Jose Ramirez classical guitar, here's a link to his page:

Regards,
    Steven Herron

Thanks Steven.
    Blue Nylon is my new tune.
    Thanks for the link.
    I like Charlie Byrd very much.
    Best Regards
    Kris

Thanks Kris, I thoroughly enjoyed that.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Herron View Post
    Hi Kris,

Regards,
    Steven Herron
    Sheesh. This is so overtly spammy.

Just be direct and start your own threads advertising your stuff. Then, develop some kind of reasonable formula for what percentage of the time you post something with a friggin' link in it.

It's obnoxious to do it as "part of a casual conversation" as often as you do, and you appear to be completely oblivious to this. Beyond being annoying, it hurts your business. A lot of Internet marketing guys do blog posts on this kind of stuff, like what proportions of free content to provide vs the "hard sell" material.

Nobody else, not even the most professional content producers on the forum, include a link in EVERY SINGLE POST. It's obnoxious. Use a sig like everyone else, and stop spamming so hard.
    Last edited by matt.guitarteacher; 11-20-2017 at 09:28 AM.

Huh???

Huh???

Thanks for coments...
    Best
    Kris

Quote Originally Posted by kris View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kris View Post
    Thanks for coments...
    Best
    Kris
    Yeah. Sorry.

Nice composition. Great playing, Kris. Especially like your jazzy open string usage. The unisons sound great on that instrument the way you use them.

All the best.

Quote Originally Posted by matt.guitarteacher View Post
    Yeah. Sorry.

Nice composition. Great playing, Kris. Especially like your jazzy open string usage. The unisons sound great on that instrument the way you use them.

All the best.
    Thank you very much Matt,
    Jazzingly
    Kris

Join our Facebook Page

Get in Touch

Jazz Guitar eBooks
How To Get a Jazz Guitar Tone?
Privacy Policy

Follow us on:

Jazz Guitar Online on FacebookJazz Guitar Online on TwitterJazz Guitar Online on YoutubeJazz Guitar Online RSS Feed